Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,474 Posts
This thread should be pinned for a while to ensure everyone sees it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I recently drove 2018 430 grand cupe (4 door) which was a loaner for my son's i3 and it was odd car to drive, lots of noise and no power, tranny on manual mode is bizarre.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well done. Having to turn in my TDI Jetta for VW's buyback this year I was in the market for a new car. I promised myself a rear wheel drive car, read:no torque steer. I road tested a new 330i. I was unimpressed. The interior appeared cheap and the performance was boring. I couldn't believe I was in a near $40k car.

You hear comments about Alfa reliability. I owned an almost new GTV years ago and the head gasket blew at 12k. It was out of warranty. But the car so impressed me that when I learned several years ago that Alfa was going to import a new sedan I promised myself I would get one. Now my only "big" decision is whether or not to purchase my Giulia at the end of the lease or to lease another Giulia, perhaps a coupe, if available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my take on why the Alfa Romeo Giulia is a better car than the BMW 330i:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7uf134RyrY

Greg
Greg - thanks for your honest opinion. I have a 2011 BMW 750i that has been at the BMW service bay more than you can imagine - and I paid over $100K for this piece of crap car!! It is back in the shop this week for a transmission failure code and the car only has 101K miles on it!

Probably going to trade in the BMW later this year for an Alfa Guilia. What a beautiful car!! My Maserati GT needs a sibling!!

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,835 Posts
In Australia apparently they are still big on window switches and knobs

https://www.caradvice.com.au/641976/2018-alfa-romeo-giulia-qv-review/

i noticed a couple of posts missing, for example one by a user called M3 LOL (say no more lol) who wrote about the Android Auto and how the review excluded it but wanted to harp on about the infotainment technology - it was deleted ?

this may be similar to an experience i had with Pistonheads who deleted comments that contradicted their narrative, comments that explained how left foot braking causes limp mode, which they admitted they did, then they deleted

Car Advice appears to be quite - unusual in what comments they delete and apparently they still insist the BMW is better ? LOL

·
Registered
316 Posts
I laughed at a review that raved about the Giulia's handling, engine and power as "Pros" but then countered them with "Cons" that the turn signal lever always stays centered and the lane departure alert is loud. lol And of course the usual reliability comment with zero evidence.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Wow! I just finally watched this video. It's very obvious to me that while Greg politely says he loves both the Giulia and comparable BMW, I am quite psychic and can tell he is actually a Giulia Fan-Boy. That makes two of us! If I were a Giulia dealer I would make multiple DVD copies (am I dating myself?) of this and give it to every potential buyer who takes a test drive. I'm going to copy this link and give/e-mail it to every one who says they are interested in a Giulia. That goes for the woman who flagged me down in the Costco parking lot last weekend and asked me how I liked my Giulia. It was on her short list and she was going this week for a test drive. About 50 minutes later when I was only about halfway thru my normal presentation she thanked me, apologized, excused herself and said she had to go home to feed her husband and kids. (Not the first time a woman cut me off! ..... I was just getting into the 0-60 times and the rear fog lights!)

Greg seems to be a believer in old fashioned honest journalism.

Chuck :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice

Thanks, laid out the facts let you compare data and make up your mind. But what I like most was the reliability issues was addressed here and he is correct in what was said ����

1 - 15 of 15 Posts