Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1639 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
2,927 Posts
Wow thanks everyone,

Weirdly no one mentioned it in this monolithic thread... I was about to schedule a dealer visit cause my cup holder won't close all the way.

I'll ask about the fuel issue as well.
It's the gas evaporation canister

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
An infrared windscreen, say what? yes an infrared windshield. amazing
Technically the windscreen is not infrared but rather it reflects infrared light. The primary purpose is to prevent overheating of the instrument pod that is in front of the mirror.
Check out the light bending tech.

My cup holder doesn’t close at all 🤔
Stuff can get jammed into the mechanism fairly easily. Fixing it is not so easy :-(
I leave my cup holder open all of the time as this prevents debris from falling into the mechanism. I think starting with MY2020 there is no cup holder cover.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
369 Posts
Correct. 2020 does not have a cupholder cover. I used to keep my 2018 open all the time so I don't miss it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Technically the windscreen is not infrared but rather it reflects infrared light. The primary purpose is to prevent overheating of the instrument pod that is in front of the mirror.
Check out the light bending tech.

Stuff can get jammed into the mechanism fairly easily. Fixing it is not so easy :-(
I leave my cup holder open all of the time as this prevents debris from falling into the mechanism. I think starting with MY2020 there is no cup holder cover.
Yeah my ‘20 has no cover , kind of wish it did as I use them for miscellaneous storage, they sit too far forward under the HVAC controls. Nothing much larger than a 12oz can will fit

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
622 Posts
Yeah my ‘20 has no cover , kind of wish it did as I use them for miscellaneous storage, they sit too far forward under the HVAC controls. Nothing much larger than a 12oz can will fit
I found this to be the perfect spot for my sunglasses.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,421 Posts
I found this to be the perfect spot for my sunglasses.
I miss the cupholder cover, and my sunglasses used to fit in the console bin.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I miss the cupholder cover, and my sunglasses used to fit in the console bin.
I never closed the cup holder cover on my ‘17 so that has been not an issue for me and that little spot in front of the cup holders is the perfect place for my iPhone, no more flopping around! I use the cubby to the left of the steering wheel for my 🕶.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
2,927 Posts
Wallet, house keys, key fob, glasses case, tissues and occasionally airpods in my cup holders. Never once a drink in 3 years of ownership.

Reactions: Giuliano

·
Registered
92 Posts
I never closed the cup holder cover on my ‘17 so that has been not an issue for me and that little spot in front of the cup holders is the perfect place for my iPhone, no more flopping around! I use the cubby to the left of the steering wheel for my 🕶.
I keep my iPhone on the charging pad it secures it perfectly, the little bin under the headlight switch isn’t deep enough for my sunglasses maybe they changed it? A box of tiktacs is about all I manage to fit in there

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I keep my iPhone on the charging pad it secures it perfectly, the little bin under the headlight switch isn’t deep enough for my sunglasses maybe they changed it? A box of tiktacs is about all I manage to fit in there
My sunglasses (without case) fit in both my 2017 and 2021, so don’t think there has been a change.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I have a bulky case that has protected my sunglasses well. I always find a place to stow it. That place in my 2017 was the center console bin.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The cupholder area the 2020 onwards is vastly improved. The lack of a cupholder cover is one thing less to break and there is finally a 12V outlet in the logical place to power a radar detector. The hollow part ahead of the cupholders is perfect for sunglasses, a small hand sanitizer bottles and a couple of face masks. Perfect for these weird times we are living in

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
233 Posts
Cubby to the left of the wheel: face mask and FastPass transponder (taken out when needed for toll lanes then put away); bin in front of cup holders: sun glasses; glove box: cup holder phone mount for use when needed.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Cubby to the left of the wheel: face mask and FastPass transponder (taken out when needed for toll lanes then put away); bin in front of cup holders: sun glasses; glove box: cup holder phone mount for use when needed.
I'm glad I'm not alone in resisting gluing the transponder to the windshield as instructed.

1581 - 1600 of 1639 Posts