Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1639 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,421 Posts
Another recent fact is that Alfa engineers had to modify the Ackermann angle because many customers reported a tyre noise while turning the steer when parking. They perfectly knew that this will decrease the car's handling.
This is why we cant have nice things.....
I replaced a 2017 with a 2020 and noticed the tire noise's absence but not a steering quickess or feel degradation. How many parts would need to be changed to do this? I imagine some of them have a long lead time, followed by calibration.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.2 JTDM
34 Posts
I replaced a 2017 with a 2020 and noticed the tire noise's absence but not a steering quickess or feel degradation. How many parts would need to be changed to do this? I imagine some of them have a long lead time, followed by calibration.
I think that it's a very small change, reducing that angle may traduce in a major understeering at high speed, but also in a more uniform tyre consumption, due to the more "aligned" to the road tyre position while driving straight forward.
There should be no difference between the 2 cars in normal driving, it's more a racing thing in my opinion, but when it comes to a born to race car, it may be a problem for some users :D

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I think that it's a very small change, reducing that angle may traduce in a major understeering at high speed, but also in a more uniform tyre consumption, due to the more "aligned" to the road tyre position while driving straight forward.
There should be no difference between the 2 cars in normal driving, it's more a racing thing in my opinion, but when it comes to a born to race car, it may be a problem for some users :D
I do not think the Ackerman angle affects straight line alignment. It alters the angle of the two front wheels relative to each other when the steering is turned.

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2 JTD Squadra Massimo 242HP!
61 Posts
Learned today that my Giulia has an Alarm with sound and alarmlights haha..

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,421 Posts
Learned today that my Giulia has an Alarm with sound and alarmlights haha..
Wait until you discover the ejection seat. :p

·
Registered
6,894 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
622 Posts
Open valves in Dynamic Mode on a 2020 QF is a mixed blessing. While it's great that I can roar around with the nannies on, I noticed that the exhaust valves do not open in N Mode. I actually thought the valves opening at around 4k rpm in D mode on my 2018 sounded super cool. I was hoping my 2020 QF would do the same in N mode. It doesn't, the valves don't seem to open like they did at 4k rpm. That makes me sad...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Open valves in Dynamic Mode on a 2020 QF is a mixed blessing. While it's great that I can roar around with the nannies on, I noticed that the exhaust valves do not open in N Mode. I actually thought the valves opening at around 4k rpm in D mode on my 2018 sounded super cool. I was hoping my 2020 QF would do the same in N mode. It doesn't, the valves don't seem to open like they did at 4k rpm. That makes me sad...
Open exhaust valves in "D" mode and as soon as you turn the dial to "D" mode at any RPMs happens in 2019 QVs, too. I though open exhaust valves only happened in "D" and "R" modes in the QVs.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The QV has an N mode?

·
Registered
9 Posts
An infrared windscreen, say what? yes an infrared windshield. amazing
The engine would shut off when the car stopped moving. I guess about all that says is I haven't had to many newer cars lately.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So far (owner of 2 weeks) I have learned... I can not get a full tank... At least in the US the auto flowback shut off hits and I have to slow squeeze it to get to 2/3 of a tank otherwise all I get is 50% full...

Oh and that this post is long but I did read all 79 pages.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So far (owner of 2 weeks) I have learned... I can not get a full tank... At least in the US the auto flowback shut off hits and I have to slow squeeze it to get to 2/3 of a tank otherwise all I get is 50% full...

Fuel filling is a common problem. The easy workaround is to either tilt the fuel nozzle sideways or only squeeze the trigger about half way.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts

Get it back to the dealer, there is a real fix other than the workaround suggested above. Has been a commonly reported issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow thanks everyone,

Weirdly no one mentioned it in this monolithic thread... I was about to schedule a dealer visit cause my cup holder won't close all the way.

I'll ask about the fuel issue as well.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Wow thanks everyone,

Weirdly no one mentioned it in this monolithic thread... I was about to schedule a dealer visit cause my cup holder won't close all the way.

I'll ask about the fuel issue as well.
This thread is not generally about issues, it’s more a gee whiz, didn’t know that worked like that. Do a search on fueling or refueling and you’ll find reports of the issue and fix.

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
92 Posts

Sounds like a problem with your evap unit

1561 - 1580 of 1639 Posts