Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1639 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
240 Posts
few times during heavy rain I was looking how to start rear wiper and wondered why it is not working 🤫:)

Reactions: PedrofromPortugal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi noobie to the forum, very good about 10% through this thread so this maybe mentioned, for RHD markets UK ect. I think it's poor that the curb side side mirror does not dip for reverse parking. If you are on the side away from the curb set your memory seat setting 3 to the mirror position you want and use this as it is part of the seat memory. Probably mentioned but very useful Work Around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Q2 and Q4 Explained

OK, here’s the scoop:

A Q2 badge is a rear-wheel drive Ti with the Ti Performance Package (Limited Slip Diff and Active Shocks) and usually staggered tires.

A Q4 badge just denotes the AWD option, and can be Ti, non-Ti, with or without the Ti Performance Package. The only way to know if the Ti Perf Pkg is onboard is to look at the DNA switch and see if the shock indicator is on the center button.

A QV has no rear left badge, has quad exhaust tips, rear spoiler, front splitter, active ports behind the front wheels, carbon side-fins below doors, front bumper-mounted intercoolers, and a rear diffuser from the planet Mars. Oh, yeah, that dual-three cylinder, flat-plane crank, Ferrari-derivative, twin ECU, twin turbo 3.0l motor. Oh yeah.

Bravo Alfisti!
I have a 2019 Ti sport sport suspension , Alfa DNA drive mode system , 19,s and no rear Q2 badge what does this mean then? I have only had the car since August so its still so very new and in the exploring phase :) thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a 2019 Ti sport sport suspension , Alfa DNA drive mode system , 19,s and no rear Q2 badge what does this mean then? I have only had the car since August so its still so very new and in the exploring phase :) thanks

Does your DNA selector have the shock icon in the middle as seen below?

If yes, then you have a Q2 with a limited slip differential (LSD), active suspension and are missing the badge.

If no shock icon, then no LSD or active suspension.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok, I'll admit stupidity..... after 1.5 years of ownership, due to a different thread in this forum i learned the rear sunshade actually DOES retract lol! Ive never actually sat in the back except when detailing her yet somehow im excited to learn something new(even though i probably won't ever use it).

·
Registered
121 Posts
32 psi on a soft, low profile tyre will destroy it in no time, 35 not much better. 38-40 as a minimum for street driving.
32/35 psi is the recommended pressure in the QV manual and also confirmed by the head Alfa technician at McCarrolls in Sydney. Works for me. Why do you think 38-40 psi is the way to go?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok my first post re. setting the memory seats was covered twice lol..Read all 78 pages of intermittent gold many thanks. I had a low tyre pressure warning on my front left, RHD UK 2017 QV on non stock Michelin PS4Ss. Forum said over inflate To clear then release to desired pressures. Worked a treat with 2.3 bar all round.

·
Registered
91 Posts
32/35 psi is the recommended pressure in the QV manual and also confirmed by the head Alfa technician at McCarrolls in Sydney. Works for me. Why do you think 38-40 psi is the way to go?
I think it's depends on where you are and how bad your local pavement, I've fixed my QV rims 10 times already. I daily drive my car and CA road is very bad unfortunately. I've upped PSI to 37(cold) , and since then it's much less issue with rims. I must say 1/2 of the time I'm being careless though. I also noticed that 5 holes rims are much stronger vs technico.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Yes, tires are less expensive than wheels but, I would recommend to keep the tires at the recommended air pressure, which in QVs is 32psi in back and 35psi in front.

From Google: "..... Overinflating your tires can make them more vulnerable to damage. Tires will be more stiff and inflexible, which makes them more susceptible to damage from potholes, curbs, or debris. Plus, as a driver or passenger, you’ll feel every bump and dip in the road, and that doesn’t make for a pleasant ride. Excessive air pressure can also distort the shape of the tire, leading to decreased traction and increased wear and tear down the center of the tire. Depending on the circumstances, repeatedly overinflated tires could wear out more quickly....."

·
Registered
754 Posts
When driving into the Sun this car is insulting - up comes a warning light about having a too dirty windscreen so the forward collision wont work. It didn't look too bad to me.

·
Registered
'18 Black/Black Giulia Ti Q2
18 Posts
When driving into the Sun this car is insulting - up comes a warning light about having a too dirty windscreen so the forward collision wont work. It didn't look too bad to me.
My Infiniti Q50 that was replaced by my Ti Q2 was the same, but nonetheless annoying.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,421 Posts
The nannies don’t like snow or bright sunshine.

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
400 Posts
Reminds me of a house I used to own where you couldn't close the garage doors in the afternoon on a sunny day because the sunlight would shine directly into the sensor and blind it.

·
Registered
'18 Black/Black Giulia Ti Q2
18 Posts
Reminds me of a house I used to own where you couldn't close the garage doors in the afternoon on a sunny day because the sunlight would shine directly into the sensor and blind it.
Lol, I have that problem too!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
If you drive into the sun, the FCW warnings are the least of your problems.
Didn't Musk drive a roadster into the sun? Maybe we could find out what the FCW in that car reported?

Reactions: beaups and wingler

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,421 Posts
Didn't Musk drive a roadster into the sun? Maybe we could find out what the FCW in that car reported?
He shot one into space.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.2 JTDM
34 Posts
An interesting fact its that Giulia has been made from zero in two years by 200 young mechanical engineers in an hangar near Modena, and the GTAm one was built in an even smaller place, so small that when the engineers moved from a room to another they had to bring the chairs with themself for space saving purposals. The head of the project was the same one that build the 4C. They even removed the little door ejectors and they replaced them with fabric ones in order to save that bit of grams.
When Fabio Francia stated the famous 7:32' at the Nürburgring the car was totally stock, even the tyres were the same that comes with your model. The driver himself didn't expect that amazing time, as you can see in the video of the lap, he runned in casual clothes and he even said that he could have gone even faster in some points.
Another recent fact is that Alfa engineers had to modify the Ackermann angle because many customers reported a tyre noise while turning the steer when parking. They perfectly knew that this will decrease the car's handling.
These fact vere reported in multiple italian interviews :)

1541 - 1560 of 1639 Posts