Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 1509 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Or some zip ties around some of the coils, for about 10 cents.
Some on this forum have reported that if you do this on one side only the trunk/boot lid can go crooked after a while. They suggest doing both left and right with the zip ties - but when I looked the battery side was much easier to access than the other. Anybody have experience removing the covering over the HK amp?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Only today I realised that if you don't have your key but try to open the front doors, the Giulia comes "partially alive " with assorted whirring sounds and some internal switch lights coming on (obviously it wont unlock and most lights wont come on). Not really an issue unless your battery is already low or it comes to the attention of some potential troublemakers. Its probably just saying "go back and get your key you idiot, I'll wait".

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes, check it out. The button right in the middle of the trunk under the alfa logo locks the doors. The button just to the left of it opens the trunk. So daily I get out of my car, push the button on the left to open the trunk, get my backpack, close the trunk, push button under the alfa logo to lock the car.

The first couple of days I thought I was gong crazy since depending on where I put my hand, sometimes I could open the trunk and sometimes it would lock the car.
:LOL:, my salesman showed it to me when I collected the car. It took me a year before I found out it had a DAB radio waveband though. Felt like Christmas that morning

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today... the weather is buautiful. I drove to Lowe’s with the windows down and the sunroof open.

I discovered if you turn the ignition off that you can’t close the sunroof. You can close the windows though. So... 3 times today I’ve had to hit the start button to shut the sunroof.

Just something I discovered. Easy enough to live with. It will just take some getting used to.
If you leave roof and windows open, get out of the car (and close the doors) click the lock button on the key to lock the car, click lock button again and hold it down: all open windows and roof close automatically.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i don't remember if someone said it already, if the engine stops for start and stop, if you want to turn the car off you have to turn the engine back again!

As anyone found any sense on the advance efficient panel?

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Montecarlo Blue
8 Posts
I didn't know that when I am on a street or highway everyone is trying to race me, regardless of ricer or German of other Italian brand...... it used to happen with the 911, but the QV just attracts "racers".....
Literally the first time i ride my car, taking it from the dealer to my house, a wrx sti tried to start a race on the highway, and i was like "let me learn how not to crash this baby first" hehe. today it was a accord coupe, an a couple more cars. I've only had the car for like 4 days lol. It is definitively a racer magnet :LOL:

·
Registered
31 Posts
If your trunk doesn't close, it could be the hook at the bottom that slid down. I took the car to my mechanic friend to do a small inspection before I purchased it. We popped the trunk to check on the battery and then we couldn't get the trunk to close ! We thought the latch was stuck, played with it a bit then the trunk closed... We popped it open again to see if it closed again -- wouldn't close! After about 15 minutes of trying to get it closed (didn't want to drive back to the dealership with the trunk open), we realize that the hook at the bottom was a lot lower than we noticed, and saw that the bolts were loose. It was a moment when I was debating that this was a good enough reason to NOT buy the car lol...

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
i don't remember if someone said it already, if the engine stops for start and stop, if you want to turn the car off you have to turn the engine back again!

There was a whole thread on the start-stop/parking interaction as well as automatic parking brake engagement. I believe that the final conclusion is that the correct way to park ANY car with an automatic transmission is

Move car to desired location and stop movement by putting your foot on the brake pedal.
Engage parking/emergency brake.
Select Park on transmission control.
Foot off brake.
Ignition off.

If you do this in your Giulia it is safe and secure against undesired movement while parked. For a manual transmission the sequence is similar but slightly different. With an automatic transmission it is best to engage the parking brake before putting the transmission into park in order to avoid excessive stress on the park pawl in the transmission.

IMO the advanced efficiency panel is a waste of real estate. Why not give us a G meter in any mode? Some of the competition makes this kind of thing user selectable.

--
Mike Locke

·
Registered
51 Posts
There was a whole thread on the start-stop/parking interaction as well as automatic parking brake engagement. I believe that the final conclusion is that the correct way to park ANY car with an automatic transmission is

Move car to desired location and stop movement by putting your foot on the brake pedal.
Engage parking/emergency brake.
Select Park on transmission control.
Foot off brake.
Ignition off.

If you do this in your Giulia it is safe and secure against undesired movement while parked. For a manual transmission the sequence is similar but slightly different. With an automatic transmission it is best to engage the parking brake before putting the transmission into park in order to avoid excessive stress on the park pawl in the transmission.

IMO the advanced efficiency panel is a waste of real estate. Why not give us a G meter in any mode? Some of the competition makes this kind of thing user selectable.

--
Mike Locke
Thanks, I will look for it!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

That is what I do. I release the brakes to allow the engine starts and turn it off. No big deal, I think. Are you talking about the three center icons on the screen which indicate the effectiveness of the driving style (acceleration, deceleration and gear shifts)?. It has also a view to limiting consumption. The bar below the icons shows current consumption and the green line represents the optimal area. The globe lights up gradually according to lower consumption. I assume that this is for people who cares about consumption and the closest to 100% you are, I guess you are most efficient (consumption wise). I am happy with being at 60-70%.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,213 Posts
the globe goes all dark as if it were coated in pollution if you are idling - the idea being the brighter the globe the more efficient you are driving and makes the world happy :)

i didnt design it so dont blame me, but i like the quirkiness of that

1461 - 1480 of 1509 Posts