Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1509 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Forgot to check! Did it just now and of course the brightness does not vary with respect to pedal pressure. On/off just like any other car that doesn't have that aftermarket module that makes the brakelights flash with varying frequency (very popular with motorcyclists). I would have been truly amazed if this ABS feature were actually present.
More likely it is controlled by an accelerometer. Did you test it out whilst stationary or actual heavy braking with someone watching from behind?

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,213 Posts
The orange low fuel light comes on when precisely 50 litres have been used and the 8 litre reserve tank is being called into action

gallons conversion required but it should be the equivalent

it has nothing to do with distance to empty as that will vary

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,748 Posts
That driving my Giulia after driving my Fiat Spider would feel like the transition of driving my wife's Stelvio after driving my Giulia. I think it's mostly the seating height change. All three vehicles are responsive and fun-to-drive. After 3+ years of driving a Giulia, I admit I look for the start button on the Spider's steering wheel.

·
Registered
128 Posts
More likely it is controlled by an accelerometer. Did you test it out whilst stationary or actual heavy braking with someone watching from behind?
While stationary and with a watcher. Why would Alfa introduce the added complexity of an accelerometer when the ABS system is already monitoring brake pedal pressure? On the other hand the accelerometer is already in the car so nothing more than a bit of programming, I suppose. Has anyone actually seen the brake light brightness vary?

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I thought the DOT nixed this feature (brake light brightness varying with some criteria). Maybe outside of NAFTA it exists?

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
according to tech specs, it should be part of the ABS.... Didn't check on mine

<snip>
Adaptive Brake Light – The adaptive brake light identifies the braking pressure present and activates the brake
lights with varying intensity.
<snip>

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
It took me a couple of months to learn that the compartment on the left side bottom dash was for storage. I thought it was a Fuze box lol. Pleasant surprise since storage is limited.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One thing I feel like an idiot for not knowing was the little “glovebox” on the left of the steering wheel. I thought that little door was a fuse panel. Today after about a month of ownership I said hey let me check out that fuse panel! I opened it up and started laughing...
Yup- did same.. like over 12 months from when I bought it..

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have had my Giulia for 15 months+ and did not know that. :)

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I have had my Giulia for 15 months+ and did not know that. :)
and yet it is mentioned in this thread about once every 3-4 pages. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
How do you turn it ON?

from the user manual-

Rear Fog Light
The rear fog light switch is integrated with the headlight switch.
Push the button to turn the rear fog lights on/off.
The rear fog lights turn on only when the headlights or parking lights are turned on. The lights can be turned off by pushing the button again or by turning the headlight switch to the O (off) position.

so I don’t think they work if you have the headlights on the auto setting.

·
Registered
490 Posts
That you can't unfold the mirrrors on the fly.... (at cruising speeds..)
That can be annoying. I sometimes set mirrors to preset number 2- downturned for parking assist, and its a pain when you next set off and they are stuck there.

·
Registered
525 Posts
this is an old one but I still have reminders of it on a frequent basis.

When I park the car on the uphill, the trunk will falsely open all the way up and then bang me on the head because the car needs to be leveled for the trunk to open fully.

Ouch!

Reactions: Emozine and m&ms

·
Registered
18 Posts
this is an old one but I still have reminders of it on a frequent basis.

When I park the car on the uphill, the trunk will falsely open all the way up and then bang me on the head because the car needs to be leveled for the trunk to open fully.

Ouch!
I’d heard of this and didn’t believe anyone until it bonked the wife on the head on her first outing last week 🤦‍♂️

Just watched Harry’s Garage video to France in the Ferrari Superfast and it makes the same unlock beep as the giulia!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was extremely annoyed to find out that there are some car manufacturers that do not publish a complete parts catalogue. This is grossly incompetent, annoying, and discouraging on the company's part.

1441 - 1460 of 1509 Posts