Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1330 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sure enough, I just double-checked my son's 18 and the button is there. I don't know how I never noticed it. Plus I checked his when I discovered the button a few days ago and I could swear it wasn't there.
That's one of my favorite things about the car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hmmm, 40 42 43 45 PSI, kinda high pressure for Giulia tires.

I wonder if the cooled glove box is a Lusso thing? Any Sport trim models out there with the cooled glove box?
Tyre placard says 42 front and rear for max load. I usually pump to 40, but they can increase 4-5 psi after heavy driving and in warmer weather

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if this already has been posted cause I'm only on page 27 of this thread but just found out tonight you can turn on the radio/infotainment system without the key fob. Just long press the radio button. If turned on this way it doesn't auto turn off by opening the door, you have to manually long press again to turn off.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Tyre placard says 42 front and rear for max load. I usually pump to 40, but they can increase 4-5 psi after heavy driving and in warmer weather
The printed placard in the door sill, or the lettering on the tire sidewall? Assuming you have something like the 225 40R19 93XL tires that came on my car they are way overinflated at 42PSI on a 3600 pound Giulia. SL tires have a max inflation pressure of around 42PSI.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The printed placard in the door sill, or the lettering on the tire sidewall? Assuming you have something like the 225 40R19 93XL tires that came on my car they are way overinflated at 42PSI on a 3600 pound Giulia. SL tires have a max inflation pressure of around 42PSI.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
You trust a placard that has a row for your "SARE WHEEL"? Maybe you have the Chinese copy of a Giulia QV? Those are Quadrifoglio wheel sizes (interesting to see QV in print) and at least in the USA the recommended inflation pressures are 35 front, 32 rear (I think, I don't have one to double check). Higher pressures are recommended for sustained high speed driving, as described in the owners manual. According to the standard tire inflation pressure charts the tires have the maximum allowed loading at 42PSI, but for these load rating tires that loading far exceeds the actual load placed on the tires by a Giulia QV; even a QV with maximum passengers and luggage.

What model year and manufacturing date do you have?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Maybe you have to apply the same .682 conversion factor as AUD to USD.....wonder if it fluctuates daily with the FX markets 🥺

·
Registered
622 Posts
And what is that "... drive with caution when temporary spare wheel fitted ..."?. My 2019QV Owner's Manual recommends 35PSI front and 32PSI back (as cold tires inflation pressure) and 42PSI both front and back (as high speed tires inflation pressure). I don't remember what I have in the left front door frame sticker but I am pretty sure it is the 35/32 PSI information.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well it could be due to Australian conditions the sticker takes into account higher average temperatures. Regardless, the manual does say 35/32 for unladen, and 42/42 for full load. Considering driving with 2 passengers + luggage I need to be on the higher end of the scale, hence why I go 40/40. I believe the max pressure noted on the side of the tyre is 50 psi.
Car was manufactured in May 2017, compliance sticker of April 2019. And QV printed on the label by Alfa Romeo is a nice touch I think (even though some people on forums get triggered by it!)
In saying this, I ran around 40+ psi in all my previous cars, and this gave me even wear, long life, good traction and sharper steering. From experience, I'll never run any less with low profile tyres.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't know that when I am on a street or highway everyone is trying to race me, regardless of ricer or German of other Italian brand...... it used to happen with the 911, but the QV just attracts "racers".....
I had driven 4 miles in mine and a Hyundai raced me on the on-ramp, passed him doing 100 in a car I’d owned for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This week I learned something new about the auto start/stop. It does not kick in if the steering wheel is turned more than half a turn when you stop. Only works when the wheels are straight (or close to being straight). I guess it's to avoid lag when turning and crossing oncoming traffic.

·
Super Moderator
2,088 Posts
This week I learned something new about the auto start/stop. It does not kick in if the steering wheel is turned more than half a turn when you stop. Only works when the wheels are straight (or close to being straight). I guess it's to avoid lag when turning and crossing oncoming traffic.
FYI, it's a very bad habit to preemptively turn the wheel. Keep it straight folks until you actually go. If someone should happen to rear-end you, you'd end up flying into oncoming traffic with the wheel turned. My good friends Dad had that happen; he ended up in a head on collision because of it. Twas ugly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had driven 4 miles in mine and a Hyundai raced me on the on-ramp, passed him doing 100 in a car I’d owned for 10 minutes.
Yeah, this is the unfortunate thing about driving a Quattroformaggio. Or fortunate, depending on your disposition. 99% of the time my 50 year old risk/reward sensor kicks in and I let the fool next to me tear off on his own. The couple of occasions when my 16 year old risk/reward sensor bias kicks in I have a little fun. The two notable times I couldn't restrain myself was when a Tesla Model 3 tried to race me on a long freeway onramp. It was close up to about 60mph, but I was pulling away cleanly after that, ended up with a good 5-6 car length between us when I backed off due to coming up on other cars already on the freeway. That's one Model 3 owner that won't mess with a Quattroformaggio again. Another is a Subaru STI driver, interestingly on the same on ramp; smoked him worse than the Model 3. This kid didn't know when he's been beaten, though. After making him a small red dot in my mirror I slowed to "don't arrest me" speed only to have him come barreling up to my bumper. As if to have another go at it. Really? I waved bye-bye as I took my exit.

I won't share the time I did some really stupid stuff against an M3. I'm embarrassed about it and took a risk I should not have, unless I was still 16, it would be par for the course in that case.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, this is the unfortunate thing about driving a Quattroformaggio. Or fortunate, depending on your disposition. 99% of the time my 50 year old risk/reward sensor kicks in and I let the fool next to me tear off on his own.
I am only 49 for a few months. Can I expect this sensor to be installed? If it should have already been installed, I think mine is broken. I did not see the recall notice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't figure out why, but when my wife drives the car and moves the seat up to a comfortable position for her, it doesn't slide back when she exits and won't recall my memory position. I have to then set it back for myself and it resumes moving back when I open the door. Does anyone know why it doesn't move back from her driving position? I can't duplicate this action in a position that is comfortable for me to drive in. I like the easy exit and entrance from the seat being back, but the seat behind the driver is all but unusable because the front seat goes back so far. The manual doesn't really talk about this feature too much and as far as I know there isn't a way to disable it.
somebody mentioned that memory button 3 does exactly that, if used it holds the seat at the same position and does not change upon car on or off. my car is not here and so I can't test it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Found out yesterday that if you play around with the units in custom mode, and change distance to miles, the digital speedo changes from km/h to mph, and the odometer changes from km to mi.

1281 - 1300 of 1330 Posts