Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1330 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Thanks @wingler and @NDion80 for your information. After my previous post I found a Feature Availability list for the 2017 QV (only) that does list the cooled glove box as part of a "Climate Group" package that includes AQS as NDion80 mentioned. The regular 2017 Feature Availability list for all three (base, Ti, and QV) does not show this option for any of the three. Also doesn't show up on the 2018 list for all three. So looks like the cooled glove box was only on the QV, and maybe only in 2017? Ought to be inexpensive to add to the base and Ti assuming the port on the HVAC unit is merely plugged and all you need is to unplug and add a hose...more investigation required! Both 2017 Feature Availability lists attached for reference. Since I have a Ti that explains why I feel no air flow into the glove box.
Definitely there and blowing cool air in my 2017 Ti Lusso.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the AQS as well but felt no air flow. The whole idea of a cooled glove box is a bit ridiculous - I doubt that it can really keep a can of soda cold (comment wingler?) but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have the AQS as well but felt no air flow. The whole idea of a cooled glove box is a bit ridiculous - I doubt that it can really keep a can of soda cold (comment wingler?) but I'm just curious.
Not sure it’s large enough to hold a can of soda, but I think it would keep an emergency ham sandwich cool.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So you have documentation on the build sheet! My build sheet does not indicate that - but I have 2018 Ti Sport with leather package (AQS included). Looks like Lussos got it though. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I just checked on mine and don't feel airflow either... Looks like I can't store my ham sandwich
I don't have it on my car so I can't check but on other vehicles with cooled glove boxes there is normally a vent inside that you can open or close so if you list the option but don't feel any air I would look around in there and see if there is a vent to open

·
Super Moderator
2,088 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't have it on my car so I can't check but on other vehicles with cooled glove boxes there is normally a vent inside that you can open or close so if you list the option but don't feel any air I would look around in there and see if there is a vent to open
there is something that looks like it can open and close in the back of the glove box in the felt. I'm just not sure how to open it.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
there is something that looks like it can open and close in the back of the glove box in the felt. I'm just not sure how to open it.
If it’s there, and not just a dummy cover, it would be pretty obvious.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Per the thread on the subject, you either have a black plug (no cooling) or a valve that you can twist to open. I have the black plug in my MY2018 Ti Sport Q4 with everything that AR USA listed except the sunroof and HK.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Another Giulia quirk... the tyre pressure readout goes 40, 42, 43, 45 psi... must be due to rounding up when calculating from Bar. Never seen it show 41 or 44 psi.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Another Giulia quirk... the tyre pressure readout goes 40, 42, 43, 45 psi... must be due to rounding up when calculating from Bar. Never seen it show 41 or 44 psi.
I notice mine are the same to 0.1 psi. No way am I that precise when filling them.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Hmmm, 40 42 43 45 PSI, kinda high pressure for Giulia tires.

I wonder if the cooled glove box is a Lusso thing? Any Sport trim models out there with the cooled glove box?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My display shows similar numbers in the low 40s but the actual pressure is about 35 according to my gauge. I don't think any manufacturer's TPMS is all that accurate.

1261 - 1280 of 1330 Posts