Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
2281 - 2300 of 2328 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
1,144 Posts
I think this is a new one:

I set one of the seat memory buttons for the position I like to use to exit the car.
I shut the engine off and push the memory button, then open the door. The seat continues to the position that I selected. I close the door.
All what I wanted to this point.
Then some while later I come back and open the door. At this point the seat unexpectedly rolls another 2 inches back.

Does your car do this?
It is called the easy exit feature. Look in your infotainment you should see an option for it. Your regular seating position may be just far enough back where it doesn't trigger normally. I had to disable the feature because it would cut off my kids legs everytime I got out.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It is called the easy exit feature. Look in your infotainment you should see an option for it. Your regular seating position may be just far enough back where it doesn't trigger normally. I had to disable the feature because it would cut off my kids legs everytime I got out.
There is no infotainment option for it in earlier model years. I think the option to enable/disable it was only added in MY19 or MY20, but definitely not @lockem's MY18.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
6,259 Posts
There is no infotainment option for it in earlier model years. I think the option to enable/disable it was only added in MY19 or MY20, but definitely not @lockem's MY18.
04/2018, 2018MY, I have that option.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,273 Posts
My point is that I was not exiting, I was getting in. As noted by @Biscione my MY2018 does not have the infotainment disable. Honestly I like the concept of the easy exit feature, but it does not move the seat far enough to make my exit easy. IMO one should be able to set the desired exit position of the seat.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
6,259 Posts
There's a thread around here that enables it. Are you sure you didn't do it yourself? For sure it's not there by default for MY18.
I did not, and yes it is there on mine by default. I'm sure it's also dependent on seat module versions and whatnot.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
1,144 Posts
I did not, and yes it is there on mine by default. I'm sure it's also dependent on seat module versions and whatnot.
In early years, easy exit was not able to be defeated. I had to get a newer CSWM module and proxi to enable the feature in infotainment. By default the car will always easy exit if you don't have the option in the infotainment.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
6,259 Posts
In early years, easy exit was not able to be defeated. I had to get a newer CSWM module and proxi to enable the feature in infotainment. By default the car will always easy exit if you don't have the option in the infotainment.
Yep, and I didn't have to do anything except turn it off in the Infotainment.

·
Registered
'18 Base Q4, white
326 Posts
Yep, and I didn't have to do anything except turn it off in the Infotainment.
I may need to turn this off in the near future. But...
As a former computer support person, in discussions of this sort, please supply a path to the subject. Like "Select Car, then select Settings..." Much like when I was helping a user, I wouldn't say, "Adding a printer is in Windows."

Thanks in advance.

Fogg

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
6,259 Posts
I may need to turn this off in the near future. But...
As a former computer support person, in discussions of this sort, please supply a path to the subject. Like "Select Car, then select Settings..." Much like when I was helping a user, I wouldn't say, "Adding a printer is in Windows."

Thanks in advance.

Fogg

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,273 Posts
Not quite: you can override easy exit by hitting one of the seat memory buttons. This is in part what I am doing when I see the bug in the system.
My car was built in 9/2017, so 7 months older than @JeFizz 's car.

Due to the tight leg room in the rear of Giulia, the easy exit feature really is a safety hazard. It really should not be rolling the front seat back while someone is in the seat behind.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
6,259 Posts
Not quite: you can override easy exit by hitting one of the seat memory buttons. This is in part what I am doing when I see the bug in the system.
My car was built in 9/2017, so 7 months older than @JeFizz 's car.

Due to the tight leg room in the rear of Giulia, the easy exit feature really is a safety hazard. It really should not be rolling the front seat back while someone is in the seat behind.
I pinned my son a couple of times before I found that setting. LOL

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,636 Posts
Opened drivers door at approx 3 mph and veh went into park and parking brake came on. Stupid feature.
Ostensibly, a “safety” feature.

Reactions: juancarlostv

·
Registered
5,640 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,636 Posts
  • Sad
Reactions: Avnyc11
2281 - 2300 of 2328 Posts