Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
2001 - 2020 of 2054 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Base Q4, white
96 Posts
Enabling Messaging on the Bluetooth phone pairing (under Apple iOS Settings > Bluetooth > ARconnect), and restarting bluetooth on the iPhone, enables SMS messages to the center and infotainment screens.
I like how the nice lady will read my texts out loud.
I of course wondered right away what she would do with curse words.

Not wanting to involve anyone else in this, I first found out that yes, I can send texts to myself. I then sent myself a few VERY rude texts. Which she read just as I sent them. I laughed.

Fogg

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,765 Posts
I of course wondered right away what she would do with curse words.

Not wanting to involve anyone else in this, I first found out that yes, I can send texts to myself. I then sent myself a few VERY rude texts. Which she read just as I sent them. I laughed.

Fogg
Now if we could just get her to deliver voice messages to the drivers of nearby cars and trucks.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,005 Posts
for all the sailors and dreamers out there

youre on WKR-Papa-G in Sin-Sin Atty

Sail away, sail away, sail away
From Bissau to Palau
in the shade of Avalon
From Fiji to Tiree
and the isles of Ebony
From Peru to Cebu,
feel the power of Babylon
From Bali to Cali,

... far beneath the Coral Sea

Sail away, sail away, sail away

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
WKRP made it to Oz? Happy to hear it! Who here has seen the movie "FM"?

·
Registered
38 Posts
One thing I saw on a video that I did not notice is on the 2020 Guilia's the infotainment screens have sub menu short cuts. If you see two or three dots on the right of any of the three menu screens that has a short cut to some action like seat warmers or AWD diagram for working wheels front or back. You have to use touch screen to access by swiping up or down. Too bad they go back to main screens when you re start the car.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I do not know if this was mentioned in the previous 2,005 posts. I played a round of golf today and had the QV key fob in one of the clubs bag pockets. I finished, got to the car, opened the trunk (I guess I was very close to the bag when opened the trunk) and put the bag inside the trunk. Closed the trunk and it popped up. Weird. Closed it again and it popped up. Wow!. Well, it looks like one will never be able to close the trunk with the key fob inside it. I forgot the key fob in the bag.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I do not know if this was mentioned in the previous 2,005 posts. I played a round of golf today and had the QV key fob in one of the clubs bag pockets. I finished, got to the car, opened the trunk (I guess I was very close to the bag when opened the trunk) and put the bag inside the trunk. Closed the trunk and it popped up. Weird. Closed it again and it popped up. Wow!. Well, it looks like one will never be able to close the trunk with the key fob inside it. I forgot the key fob in the bag.
You're a newbie here, so we forgive you. ;)

Reactions: Giuliano

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yes that saved me a couple times from locking myself out of the car.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Enabling Messaging on the Bluetooth phone pairing (under Apple iOS Settings > Bluetooth > ARconnect), and restarting bluetooth on the iPhone, enables SMS messages to the center and infotainment screens.
I like the idea but can't escape the thought that I'd still be distracted.

Reactions: greg328 and mtb.ck

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
35 Posts
Took me a while to figure out but if you are driving normal and the car is not holding a gear you can tap on the gas fast and it will down shift. That's let off the gas then tap fast letting back off, the car does not accelerate if done fast enough. So if your behind some one in the slow lane as crazy as that sounds and you want to go around them you could tap on the gas and down shift so your ready to go instead of slamming on the gas and waiting for the terrible delayed down shift.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,923 Posts
I thought this thread was just repetitive and then:

Did you know that Velcro hooks will securely attach to the trunk liner? Seems like the solution to securing cargo in the trunk.

Discovered completely by accident.

·
Registered
'18 Base Q4, white
96 Posts

Did you know that Velcro hooks will securely attach to the trunk liner? Seems like the solution to securing cargo in the trunk.

I had some Velcro dividers from an earlier car that stick perhaps too well in Giulia trunk. I have a couple set to hold the cooler in place. We wouldn't want the milk to spill!

Fogg

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Yes, I h

I have an Alfa branded trunk organizer (Amazon purchase) with two bays perfect for reusable grocery bags that has Velcro hooks on the bottom. Takes a lot of force to rip it loose when you want to move.

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
4,005 Posts

yes i knew that

i use my old 159 oil pouch to carry OW-30 that just sticks to the sidewall ... actually a lot of the cool neat features have been inherited from 159

such as ...

oh, dont want to repetitive so nevermind ...

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Yes, I h

I have an Alfa branded trunk organizer (Amazon purchase) with two bays perfect for reusable grocery bags that has Velcro hooks on the bottom. Takes a lot of force to rip it loose when you want to move.
i had an ALDI one with the velcro strips on the base ... nearly lifted the boot liner off trying to move it

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
The left paddle shifter has proven a handy hanging location for pandemic masks. No Velcro needed.

2001 - 2020 of 2054 Posts