Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Alfa9 Supply plate kit, what's in the box....

We just restocked and I realized I haven't posted up adequate pictures of how the Giulia plate kit works and what it comes with, so here is a quick animation and some details...

-ultra flush fit design, about 1/2" from bumper
-all metal construction
-no drilling!
-black anodized and black powdercoat frame
-rattle free
-quickly removable

Not every USA state requires a front plate, but for those who do this can be a nice solution. You can find them in the Giulia section on A9: http://www.alfa9supply.com/new-giulia/

What you'll need to install;
1. 19mm wrench (to tighten main eye bolt)
2. #2 phillips screwdriver
3. 4mm allen key (included with hardware)

Previous purchasers feel free to post up on this thread pics of your install or plate.

Click on the pic icon below to start animation:

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
The build quality of this kit definitely shows. I've owned other plate kits on my other cars and this one is definitely up there. The difference for me was the following.

1. Ease of tightening, but more importantly loosening / removing the main eye bolt. Other manufacturers I've used had just had a round tow hook. Inevitably road grime gets in there and makes it difficult to loosen the bolt in case you want to take it off for car shows and such. This kit is hexagonal and works with a 19mm wrench. Makes it really easy to get leverage.

2. The anodized finish is top notch

3. The precision of fit. Just enough clearance between the plate and the car paint.

Good stuff guys. I'm normally not a review guy but I respect a quality product.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Montecarlo blue truly is one of the best colors for the Giulia.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got the kit too. Tried it on once and was very pleased about the quality and ease of use. Will share some pics once my personalized plate arrives :D

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: For any "early adopter" Stelvio owners we will have the new Stelvio front mount "no-drill) plate kits in stock very soon.

They are based on our proven 4C and Giulia kits, all-metal construction with anodized aluminum and powdercoated plate backers. All of the screws are stainless.

Thank you.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some updated photos of our plate kit for the Giulia.

It's No-drill, all metal, lightweight, and very flush fitting.

If you live in a state with front plate requirements, this is a bolt on solution. And it's safe to use in most automated car wash machines. (For frequent car washer types, we suggest a dab of blue loctite, but not needed in normal use)

Each kit is specifically tailored to fit the model, be it a Giulia, Stelvio or 4C, the eyebolt shaft lengths are optimized.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My dealership has to mount it for legal reasons in MA. I just heard this last night. I think Alfa might be involved as well, with exterior pictures being required for the "release" process to buyers. They are using the tow hook plates and I can dismount it afterward if I want. Just hope the plastic cap doesn't get damaged.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
My dealership has to mount it for legal reasons in MA. I just heard this last night. I think Alfa might be involved as well, with exterior pictures being required for the "release" process to buyers. They are using the tow hook plates and I can dismount it afterward if I want. Just hope the plastic cap doesn't get damaged.
The cover is designed to snap on/off. It even has a tether so it won't get lost if it falls off.

I took mine off twice I think before I permanently removed it to install the tow hook plate mount. It broke on that final removal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep, they do break easily. Mine had the lip break off on trying to put it back on. Looks like the Alfa 9 mount is to be permanent in that spot :)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yep, they do break easily. Mine had the lip break off on trying to put it back on. Looks like the Alfa 9 mount is to be permanent in that spot :)
Exactly! The stem fills most of the hole and the plate is large enough and close enough that nobody can ever see the hole even if they try.

I had thought I would need to drill a hole in the cover to hide the extra space, but it's just not necessary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts