Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Giulia with the 2.0 mods are Megan cat back exhaust and V2 intake and a jb4 the jb4 showing at max I'm getting about 29 psi of boost would that damage anything or what is the safe level for these cars?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts
I have a Giulia with the 2.0 mods are Megan cat back exhaust and V2 intake and a jb4 the jb4 showing at max I'm getting about 29 psi of boost would that damage anything or what is the safe level for these cars?
You can start bumping it up in .1 increments, but make sure to test as you'll start to have underboost issues when the turbo can't keep up. Also, do some datalogging to watch the knock (ign2-ign5)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can start bumping it up in .1 increments, but make sure to test as you'll start to have underboost issues when the turbo can't keep up. Also, do some datalogging to watch the knock (ign2-ign5)
I'm not looking to go higher than what I'm at right now. Are you referring to bump .1 increments from my peak turbo pressure now or from stock?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts
I'm not looking to go higher than what I'm at right now. Are you referring to bump .1 increments from my peak turbo pressure now or from stock?
ahh, I misunderstood... Don't worry about running Map 2 or 3 or bhvrdr's custom map 6. I've hit a peak of 31.x on the perfect day and perfect situation, so 29 is cool.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
1,070 Posts
My turbo wastegate must be faulty because when I run map 1 or 2, I get underboost at lower RPMs if I lug it (2000rpm in a higher gear and flooring it will guarantee a code). Doesn't do it on factory tune or else I would have dealer warranty replace it. Hybrid turbo comes in this week so that will resolve all this anyways.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts
My turbo wastegate must be faulty because when I run map 1 or 2, I get underboost at lower RPMs if I lug it (2000rpm in a higher gear and flooring it will guarantee a code). Doesn't do it on factory tune or else I would have dealer warranty replace it. Hybrid turbo comes in this week so that will resolve all this anyways.
Bend that wg linkage...
Luggage and bags Bag Automotive tire Motor vehicle Denim

Hood Automotive tire Tire Tread Grille

• Helpful
Reactions: Drew

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
1,070 Posts
I will try it. It doesn't bother me too much since I am always above that RPM when I am getting on it, but will do this tomorrow for sure before my track day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts