Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it would be interesting to find out what people would like to see in the next iteration of the Giulia (probably in model year 2019 or higher). Here's my list:

1) An optional 6-speed manual transmission in the U.S. market.

2) An improved premium sound system with better speakers, better sound quality from the AM/FM/Satellite tuner, and a bigger sub woofer with its own dedicated amplifier.

3) A retuned throttle response in "N" mode that can deliver a more spirited launch from a stop.

4) A customizable driving mode where the driver can mix and match various parameters such as steering response, throttle response, transmission response, etc.

5) The ability to independently turn stability control on or off.

6) An integrated light duty receiver hitch for the QV so that you can show up for a bike ride look'n good in your awesome Alfa.

7) A fold down rear seat for the QV.

8) A heads up display.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I agree with OP’s list but I’ll add,
- a middle performance version, 350hp, preferably a high reving V6
- Ability to permanently switch off Start/Stop
- connected infotainment with over the air updates
- rear seat arm rest in QV
- included maintenance
- other tire options on QV

·
Registered
437 Posts
1. Traction Control Deactivation in Dynamic and Natural Mode.

2. More choice of interior accent trim

3. Factory exhaust upgrade

4. Driver Mode Settings

5. QV "competition pack"

6. Heads Up Display

7. Over-The-Air Update Capability

8. Bigger rear view camera screen

9. Giulia 2 door coupe

10. Better dealer sales / service experience

11. Start / stop deactivation

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As this thread progresses I will consolidate peoples input into my initial post so that there will be a full list in one place. But I won't take credit for other peoples ideas; I will list them separately.

·
Registered
869 Posts
*HUD
*AC seats in the Lusso Ti
*Ability to update maps/firmware myself
*Connected apps to my phone, Pandora, maps, etc.
*Passthrough on the centre consol so wires feed out without a crimp
*Traffic on the navi
*Enable the handwriting so you can use it to speed up navi entry
*Tie the keys to the memory seats
*Car locks when you walk away with the keys
*An oil dipstick
*Shoulder belt height adjustment
*Ability to turn off the headlights
*More ponies and less delay in the throttle

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,721 Posts
I second faster throttle response, more power for the 2.0T and ability to disable traction control and stability control independently from selection of race mode.
Note that faster throttle response can be achieved using an electrically assisted or entirely electrically powered turbo charger. NOx injection would get there too, but might pose other challenges.

In addition:

FIX the two foot peddle reaction: CEL is not the right reaction.

Race mode for the 2.0T.
Ability to manually lock or unlock the transfer clutch on the Q4.
Optional adjustable suspension height, especially on the Q4 (both up and down).
Make most QV "goodies" available as options on the 2.0T: CF hood and roof, CF interior trim, Sparco seats, Tecnico or other light weight wheels, red start/stop button.
LED headlights.
Optional built in dashcam.
Key operated on/off switch.
Option for Solar heat control glass in all positions.
Option for Warm up furnace.
Option for "light weight performance package": lots of titanium...

Highly configurable display screens on the dashboard. I want to be able to choose what I consider to be important.
Lose the silly earth graphics and have a meaningful fuel efficiency display.

Fix the cup holder cover so it doesn't eat cards.

Why is there a shift lever at all? Some simple buttons would work better and take up less space, at least if paddle shifters were standard.

Fiam (or similar) air horn.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Change the "Panic Button" on the key fob to a "double tap" mode to prevent (constant) accidental activation of the panic alarm.

Option to deactivate the "Start/Stop" mode. At a minimum, improve the design so it doesn't turn the motor off within seconds of stopping, and dramatically shorten the immense time lag from the moment you touch the gas until it restarts and you can get underway.

No seat belt alarm until the car is put in gear and/or moving faster than 8 mph so you can move it around your driveway without suffering that awful sounding warning chime.

Make it 5 "blinks" on the lane change turn signal feature, instead of 3, which is hardly ever enough. The 4C blinks five times before turning off and that's about right.

Ability to disengage the headlight washer feature. I'll never use it Houston. At a minimum, strengthen the **** mounting bracket so it doesn't break when the feature is activated.

Don't know what to say about the infotainment/nav system. Use the Chrysler U-Connect. Much easier and safer to use. And WAY better.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,438 Posts
Lots of good stuff. Hopefully achievable without adding weight or diminishing fun-to-drive.

I'll add more tuneful exhaust, preferably switchable or at least when in dynamic mode.

Reactions: Dr. Klopek

·
Registered
249 Posts
How about the ability to open the rear door without first having to hold the driver's/passenger's side door handle first?

Reactions: rqc and mc3456

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
while there are certainly some creature comfort and functionality things that the Giulia Quadrifoglio can benefit from....
PLEASE PLEASE don't do anything that changes the handling/chassis dynamics of this car...because this car is as close to perfectly balanced as I have ever driven and/or owned....
as far as bumping up the horsepower??...NOPE....505hp is the right amount for this Bestia....what I would suggest outside of a proper 6 speed...is for them to somehow change the gearing/diff. on the car.....the shifts just come up too quickly....would be nice to be able to wind it out a little bit...maybe a 7500 redline??....

1 - 20 of 149 Posts