Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a white Giulia TI Sport package red leather sport seats with the black leather package, which I love the red stitching on the console and the leather on the top of doors. The issue here is that this was supposed to have the navigation and it doesn't. Dealer found another Giulia just like this one but without the black leather red stitching but with navigation and the white trophy paint, also it has 286 miles on it plus a audio warning light that he said he will take care of.

What would you do? keep the one you got with no nav, or give up the red stitching, ignore the mileage and hope the audio fix works???? :|

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I got a white Giulia TI Sport package red leather sport seats with the black leather package, which I love the red stitching on the console and the leather on the top of doors. The issue here is that this was supposed to have the navigation and it doesn't. Dealer found another Giulia just like this one but without the black leather red stitching but with navigation and the white trophy paint, also it has 286 miles on it plus a audio warning light that he said he will take care of.

What would you do? keep the one you got with no nav, or give up the red stitching, ignore the mileage and hope the audio fix works???? :|
I've got the NAV and its useless in the Giulia... unless it has the small screen vs the 8 inch screen then I wouldn't care about the NAV.. its a feature that is so cumbersome to use in the Giulia that you will never use it.

·
Banned
264 Posts
There is really no difference between the 6.5 and 8 inch screen...all the 8 inch screen can do is display split screen...the rear camera view is small on both....be glad you didnt pay for the worthless nav...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I would keep it and forget the nav.....

Reactions: Carmdale

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would have to agree with all the others, Nav is a pain, no life traffic and outdated maps. You are better off without it. For the extra $950 Nav is not worth it in the Giulia. I really wanted the same interior that you have and I was going to order it that way on the MY18 but I settled for all black interior and that's one of my biggest regrets is not getting the interior that I wanted and having Car Play & Android Auto. If the dealer messed up cause you stated "The issue here is that this was supposed to have the navigation and it doesn't" then maybe try to get something extra like free service for a period of time or something of that nature. Or windows tinted, something if they were at fault.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Buy a garmin gps with the camere nuvicam lifetime map updates and a great system,plus you get a camera for those winding roads, tom tom is the pits

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with everyone else here. I used my nav once. If I had to do it again I wouldn't waste my money on it. Stay with the interior you like. You're going to look at that a lot more than the navigation system.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ditto. If all you'd be giving up is the navigation, forego the navigation system, keep the beautiful interior, and use your phone to navigate.

If the dealer messed up, get him to throw something meaningful in for the oversight.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I've said this in a couple of threads, the Alfa is for driving pleasure. Killing it with technology that is frivolous is crazy. Do you really need navigation when you can get it through you phone? Drive the car, don't sweat the small stuff. My car came without the HK stereo but was fully loaded otherwise. At first I was pissed but then it turns out the HK is getting trashed on this Forum. The stock radio is fine, I listen to the music of the engine when going through the gears. Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I didn't want the nav in my car because the built in ones are usually crappy, this one is no different. I cannot think of a single feature I it I'd miss right this moment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you all for the replies, I feel way better now and can make a more informed decision thanks to this forum.

Keeping the nice interior and asking for tinted windows or free service, also looking into the garmin gps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you ask for free service, keep in mind that the first scheduled service was complimentary already (on the Alfa Romeo website), at least it was when I purchased a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Although somewhat cumbersome, I have no problem with my NAV, works perfectly fine for me. Working on getting the update which sounds like a big improvement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Although somewhat cumbersome, I have no problem with my NAV, works perfectly fine for me. Working on getting the update which sounds like a big improvement.
I have to agree, with the wheel I find it much easier to use than the VW CC's nav that the Giulia replaced in the garage. Now it's not quite as easy to use as my Challenger but the maps are much better.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I wish I could say the same. I tried... I really gave it a shot and finally succumbed to the realization that is utterly useless. It cannot even find my HOME address!!! I always store my home address on the car's GPS so when I am driving from different places, I just select Home and know how to get back with a push of a button. Unfortunately, I cannot do it on the Giulia. :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
I wish I could say the same. I tried... I really gave it a shot and finally succumbed to the realization that is utterly useless. It cannot even find my HOME address!!! I always store my home address on the car's GPS so when I am driving from different places, I just select Home and know how to get back with a push of a button. Unfortunately, I cannot do it on the Giulia. :(
Have you had the NAV update done? I haven't yet but plan on getting it done next week, heard its a good update.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the Nav and yep, it's horrible. It does not give exit names, "just says take next exit" which is a pain to figure out if it's splitting from N/S or E/W... We took a trip to the East Coast, and used Google as a backup which became the primary. We just kept the car's nav on to see "general route" information.

Feel free to skip the Nav!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts