Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Administrator
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Alfa Romeo Giulia, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one. :smile2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
My car: Giulia Ti Q2

Loved: Handling, steering, styling (inside and out). Also love the paddle shifters and seats.
Love/Hate: It really, really stands out. Parking lots, gas stations, stop signs, you get comments everywhere. Can be fun but there are times when I'd like to stay low-key (mostly it's fun though).
Hate: The freakin "easy-access" front seat; No way to stop it sliding all the way back when getting in/out of the car. While out with friends in the car we joked about the rear seat behind the driver being the "Seat of Punishment" LOL!

·
Registered
82 Posts
LOVE: handling, performance, connection to the road, steering, styling, parking lot conversations of which there have been many, staying unique (haven't seen another one on the road yet), color combo (Vulcano Black/Red), Seats (LOVE those sports seats)!!!!

Dislike: on/off feature when I forget to push the button.. I find this feature extremely annoying.
sound system performance

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Have a Giulia Ti Q4 with Sport package, 19in wheels, sunroof, and upgraded sound with Nav
Love: 1. How it steers and handles - what a wonderful car to drive everyday. Just a joy.
2. Sport seats - they are terrific - especially when I tok her to an autoX
3. Style and shape - what a beautiful car. Has grown on me even more since I've owned her
4. heating system - this car heats up immediately - this plus the heated steering and seats (and AWD) make it a GREAT winter car. Heats way quicker than my F-150. On another scale compared to my wife's Cadillac ELR
5. Engine - PLENTY of power. NOt really sure what I'd do with the quadrafoglio. Of course my other Alfa is a 1750 from 1969, so you understand my expectation of sports cars.
5. stereo - the sound system play beautiful sound and it is helped by the quiet cabin.
6. Start button on steering wheel - very cool way to start
7. locking buttons on doors and trunk
8. forward visibility - really wonderful to see out so well in a car again - seems like this was lost for a while.
OK with:
1. Paddle shifters - never thought I'd own an automatic. Really not bad - I am convinced that it gets way better fuel economy than I'd get. I really am liking using automatic mode and then using the paddles to temporarily downshift when necessary. Would still trade for a stick
2. fuel economy - about 27mpg overall - would like a more efficient A mode. Surprised by how bad things can get with aggressive driving!
3. sop/start - really aggressive - which is good from an economy standpoint, but may be too immediate for intersection transient stops. Needs a delay of a second or two in the D and N modes to make it likeable.

Unhappy with:
1. Navigation is USELESS. Tons of work to load a destination. NO traffic. $1000 for NOTHING.
2. Phone sync - can't recognize a text coming in or read it to you.Volume of a call is BLARRING loud when it comes in. If you try to use the voice recognition to make a call it will find your contact and then dial only 7 digits!!! One ok thing is that the contacts list is complete and useful.
3. Seatbelt alarm is SOOO loud and won't give up - e.g. take off belt as you pull into the driveway.
4. SUnroof nice, but you can't leave the shade closed and the roof open to allow venting of hot air but keep the car closed to bugs/leaves on a hot day (I always did this in other cars when I parked).
5. Trunk is tiny! No way is this 13 C Ft. Really not much more than 10, maybe 11. Back seat releases and speakers also cut into the available room. Not a hauler.
6. Shifter and navigation dial feel - flimsy.
7. radio/satellite station selection - can't scan up the dial without several steps in the menus - should be a one button option - remember when your radio had a dial?
8. remote start - super hard to make work and ridiculously short range - when would this be useful??? needs to work with a phone app or something.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
It is much easier to list the BAD list (most of which Alfa could easily fix) as the GOOD list would be very long !
(I have a base Giulia)

BAD
- start/stop feature always on by default
- driver seat always going back and forth upon exit and entry
- mirrors always folding upon lock
- run flat 4 season tires not that great, should offer option of summer perf tires + spare
- no manual transmission option (although Automatic is very good)
- standard seats very firm and flat with minimal cushioning take some getting used to
- remote start should be an option rather than std
- i am not a fan of keyless start - getting used to it slowly
- very poor standard audio quality
- idle a bit rough, especially when cold
- engine/exhaust sound very tame for an italian car
- no fog lights option (although std lighting is good)
- carpet mats very cheap, thin and without logos
- front plate holder design poor, requires drilling holes into bumper

GOOD to EXCELLENT/FABULOUS - everything else !

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,789 Posts
Goldilocks weighs in

Looks and drives great, but...
  • Key fob is too big
  • Mirrors are too small
  • Nav/Hands-Free Phone is TOO LOUD
  • Exhaust is too quiet (should be more robust in dynamic mode)
  • Rear seat is tight and interior storage is limited
  • Watch that chin spoiler (may need to install curb feelers)
  • Trunk could use a cargo net
  • Needs Italian air horns

Reactions: GioSailor

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Disclosure: As a non owner.........yet.....

I have loved practically everything in the test drive of MDriver's Q.......
I hate the fact that I have to wait for another 10 months for my own Q.....

Reactions: GioSailor

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Looks and drives great, but...
  • Key fob is too big
  • Mirrors are too small
  • Nav/Hands-Free Phone is TOO LOUD
  • Exhaust is too quiet (should be more robust in dynamic mode)
  • Rear seat is tight and interior storage is limited
  • Watch that chin spoiler (may need to install curb feelers)
  • Trunk could use a cargo net
  • Needs Italian air horns
mine came with a cargo net...was charged for it...but it was available...

1 - 20 of 194 Posts