Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in Daytona this weekend they are running the 24 hrs of Daytona, if you have never been you should put it on your list, but Friday they run support races and there is a Ferrari Cup Car race. So I am riding back to a parking area in a tram they use to help move us around, and there are 4 Ferrari mechanics on board as well... get to talking about cars lol, and tell them I bought an Alfa QV... they say "what a new one?.... they are just like Ferrari in that Mac Minarelli electronics are a fickle thing and they wished that Alfa would have gone with the rest of the world and used electric systems that make more sense." Now keep in mind they are not Alfa guys, so I turned up my nose at them and pointed out that I can carry 3 passengers comfortably as I pass by them on the track... They were not amused and we parted ways. The end... side note so everyone doesn't think Im anti-ferrari, Im towing a 430 over on Monday for track day stuff if anyone is local lets meet up

·
Registered
11 Posts
So in Daytona this weekend they are running the 24 hrs of Daytona, if you have never been you should put it on your list, but Friday they run support races and there is a Ferrari Cup Car race. So I am riding back to a parking area in a tram they use to help move us around, and there are 4 Ferrari mechanics on board as well... get to talking about cars lol, and tell them I bought an Alfa QV... they say "what a new one?.... they are just like Ferrari in that Mac Minarelli electronics are a fickle thing and they wished that Alfa would have gone with the rest of the world and used electric systems that make more sense." Now keep in mind they are not Alfa guys, so I turned up my nose at them and pointed out that I can carry 3 passengers comfortably as I pass by them on the track... They were not amused and we parted ways. The end... side note so everyone doesn't think Im anti-ferrari, Im towing a 430 over on Monday for track day stuff if anyone is local lets meet up
Magnetti Marelli components from yesteryear may have been fickle but the truth is, their current stuff isn't any better or any worse than any other automotive electronic component suppliers. They supply various companies like Porsche, Audi, BMW group, Groupe PSA, Ford (I'm probably missing a few) with instrument clusters, tail light assemblies, infotainment systems, etc.... I don't hear major issues with any of those components they supply.

Besides, the Giulia isn't solely Magnetti Marelli parts. Theres Bosch, Continental, Siemens VDO, Valeo, stuff like that in there too I'm sure. I know for a fact Denso (Japanese company) supplies the alternator and Delphi supplies wiring harnesses. It's amazing how uninformed those mechanics sound.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd love to attend that race sometime. I'm watching on tv again this year. The balance of performance has gotten a lot better and its more fun to watch. Interesting discussion you had and nice track car choice!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I would like to see a video of the 430 at Daytona for a trackday. Seabrings and Daytona are on my bucket list for club races with Porsche. I heard they are amazing to drive at speed.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill see if the video works, trying an app on the iPhone with a Dongle hooked into car that should overlay the info on the iPhone video...Anyway, If anyone ever wants to do an Alfa corral at either Sebring or Daytona, I'm game. Im going the mid florida Alfa group here shortly, but would be interested in doing race type events in the South East if we had enough guys that we could form a group

1 - 5 of 5 Posts