Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone, I'm currently looking to get a guilia ti in a couple years when my lease ends. Ive been excited for the car sense it was announced. I was curious what current owners think of the car. Especially when it comes to the rumors I've heard about the car being a mechanics easy paycheck. Things you wish you knew going into the dealership. And all fun stuff. Thank you guys for your time.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Morning everyone, I'm currently looking to get a guilia ti in a couple years when my lease ends. Ive been excited for the car sense it was announced. I was curious what current owners think of the car. Especially when it comes to the rumors I've heard about the car being a mechanics easy paycheck. Things you wish you knew going into the dealership. And all fun stuff. Thank you guys for your time.
The only thing I wish - and I would suggest you get - is the Ti performance package. That said, best car I've ever owned.
My mechanic has never been sadder, he hasn't seen me since.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm on my third week... all I know is I love the driving experience and that the car is "unusual"... something you don't see everywhere else. I didn't buy it because it was practical. I knew there could be issues and, with all that, I'm glad I made the choice.

Agreed - get the Ti with Sport performance.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dittoes to what Il Conte said. Great car. The thing you should know is that you should not wait two years. Get rid of your lesser vehicle now by any means necessary and get a Giulia with as many features as you can afford. You will thank us later.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Best driving car I've ever had, that being said the software is buggy, the start/stop feature is horrible, and the iPhone integration is terrible. I have a horrible rattle in the headliner, and the dealer support experience is far from what you would expect if you are coming from another premium brand. I'd wait till at least midway through the 2018 production run to let them finish working out the kinks, and choose your dealer carefully.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would think a search here would answer every question you'd ever want answered.

There have definitely been reported problems but suggesting they are a "mechanics easy paycheck" is just wrong. That's the problem with rumors...

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I have never enjoyed a car so much. I got mine in May and absolutely love it.
Early on, there were "electrical gremlins" (that's what MotorTrend called them when awarding the Giulia 2018 Car of the Year.) But, as far as I know, they were all addressed with software updates.
Don't believe the rumors that are being perpetuated by people who seem to be hung up on issues from 25 years ago. They may have been jilted by an Italian lover, and are still carrying a grudge.
The car is an absolute joy to drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone, the feed back is much appreciated. I'd love to break my lease early to get one as someone suggested but I'm not currently in a spot to do that. Again thank you all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts