Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying my QV soon and all the ones around me have around 100-200 miles on them already.. all test drive miles. Has anyone else gotten a QV with the same amount ?? I'm worried about how hard testers beat their cars during that crucial break in period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
94 on mine. Now at 8000 trouble free miles.
 

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
Joined
·
4,436 Posts
18 miles

I wasn't allowed to test drive mine, gave me a ti sport instead. I bought site unseen in a matter of speaking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Most dealerships do not allow R mode and need to keep it in Normal which is plenty fun for the test drivers. We did not test drive a QV before we bought it. We drove a Ti Sport read up on the reviews and said really how can we go wrong. If any bozo let them abuse the car then they are idiots. Honestly I don’t think even if they did they would break it. Besides you have a 4 year warranty.

I would ask the question “how were you all able to test drive the QV’s before you bought one?” I know the sales guy was driving the Ti Sport in Dynamic which I don’t think is a big deal. The QV with the nannies off are not going to be something the dealers are going to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most dealerships do not allow R mode and need to keep it in Normal which is plenty fun for the test drivers. We did not test drive a QV before we bought it. We drove a Ti Sport read up on the reviews and said really how can we go wrong. If any bozo let them abuse the car then they are idiots. Honestly I don’t think even if they did they would break it. Besides you have a 4 year warranty.

I would ask the question “how were you all able to test drive the QV’s before you bought one?” I know the sales guy was driving the Ti Sport in Dynamic which I don’t think is a big deal. The QV with the nannies off are not going to be something the dealers are going to do.

I was able to test drive a QV with no obligation other than giving my driver's license... The dealer let me put it into r mode.. he even drove it very aggressively when he was showing me the car.. I'm just paranoid with a new car with 150 miles of test drive abuse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
45 miles on mine. These cars with greater than 3 miles on them are not necessarily consumer test driven miles but from what I understand the mileage out of the factory. My car had a lot of plastics in place indicating it wasn't "in-use" for any particular time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
About 225 so mine had a few test drives on it. I first drove the Ti Sport and then came back a few days later test drive the QV ( which is the one I purchased).

...and I haven’t heard from my dealer since she handed me my keys in the showroom 3+ months ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
I was able to test drive a QV with no obligation other than giving my driver's license... The dealer let me put it into r mode.. he even drove it very aggressively when he was showing me the car.. I'm just paranoid with a new car with 150 miles of test drive abuse
I don't get your concern....the car was made for race mode. There's nothing anyone could do to abuse it in 200 miles. I disagree that most dealerships don't allow R mode. Mine did...in fact insisted on it. They're trying to sell cars, why in the world wouldn't they promote R mode.

Buy the car without worry. 200 miles of test drives is nothing. If it was 200 miles of Tracking, even then, new brakes and new tires, and you're good to go. But the 200 miles, was probably 80% of it pulling out of the dealership and driving around the block, and the other 20% may have been quick jaunts on/off an on-ramp to a freeway. But it's not like they drove it to the track or drag strip and flogged it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Had 105 on mine when bought and have not had a problem.

Furthermore, I didn't pay attention to any break in periods...
There is no break in on a QV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
I don't get your concern....the car was made for race mode. There's nothing anyone could do to abuse it in 200 miles. I disagree that most dealerships don't allow R mode. Mine did...in fact insisted on it. They're trying to sell cars, why in the world wouldn't they promote R mode.

Buy the car without worry. 200 miles of test drives is nothing. If it was 200 miles of Tracking, even then, new brakes and new tires, and you're good to go. But the 200 miles, was probably 80% of it pulling out of the dealership and driving around the block, and the other 20% may have been quick jaunts on/off an on-ramp to a freeway. But it's not like they drove it to the track or drag strip and flogged it.
Here is why. There are no nannies on in R mode. You have an expensive car that someone blast out in Race mode which maybe they do but may not be the prudent thing to do. We were told at the dealership that they don't. Clearly some do based on what all of you are saying. Depends on the dealerships. All I can say is we still are careful in using Race mode and learning the feel of the car. I agree you can't break the car with those miles and we had 40 on ours and then the last ride we asked the Alfa Tech to test the car on the roads before shipping.

So break in periods apparently the dealerships don't believe in either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,313 Posts
32 miles on mine - no test drives except the tech after inspection.
I do believe the quads have something in the software that limits revs to 6-ish for maybe 100 miles, but I'd have to try another to verify.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Test drove the dealer’s Quad in Race mode on CT backroads. In manual too!
If the dealer had a Quad for their own purpose and then turned it over as used no problem. Otherwise, I guess I just feel that you can get a great feel for the QV without putting it in for a RACE mode ride down the dirt back roads. The way I look at it if I am 99.9% going to buy that car for sure go for it. Otherwise, I guess I wouldn't appreciate someone doing that with my car before I bought it so I don't do that on test drives. Even on my MINI I got a 4-5 mile loop and part is a 2 mile of stretch that was highway. So all my test drives regardless of car have been 4 -5 miles but I don't ask for more. With the F350 diesel king ranch the dealer told us that we could take it home and use it for the weekend and see what we thought. We declined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,313 Posts
"race mode ride down the dirt backroads"

he didn't say dirt.
but I'm sure most appreciate your point, no one wants to think their new car has been thrashed by strangers - but realistically it's pretty hard to actually thrash a 200 mph car on public roads.
it is possible to abuse them though - and that can be done in any mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,313 Posts
"race mode ride down the dirt backroads"

he didn't say dirt.
but I'm sure most appreciate your point, no one wants to think their new car has been thrashed by strangers - but realistically it's pretty hard to actually thrash a 200 mph car on public roads.
it is possible to abuse them though - and that can be done in any mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Test drove the dealer’s Quad in Race mode on CT backroads. In manual too!
If the dealer had a Quad for their own purpose and then turned it over as used no problem. Otherwise, I guess I just feel that you can get a great feel for the QV without putting it in for a RACE mode ride down the dirt back roads. The way I look at it if I am 99.9% going to buy that car for sure go for it. Otherwise, I guess I wouldn't appreciate someone doing that with my car before I bought it so I don't do that on test drives. Even on my MINI I got a 4-5 mile loop and part is a 2 mile of stretch that was highway. So all my test drives regardless of car have been 4 -5 miles but I don't ask for more. With the F350 diesel king ranch the dealer told us that we could take it home and use it for the weekend and see what we thought. We declined.
Ha...no dirt backroads in Greenwich, CT. They are all perfectly paved, courtesy of all the hedge funds (just kidding). This was indeed the dealership manager’s car that was being used to test drive. I think the fact I was trading in an RS4 made the sales guy comfortable with me driving it in race mode.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top