Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to another dealer who has a loaded up 2017 Ti Sport with a $55k sticker. What kind of discount would you expect on this?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
Depending on how long it has been languishing, about $10,000.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If it’s a 2017 Ti with the sports pack, I gotta think it’s been a demo. With anything over 200 miles and the fact it’s just about 2 model years old, I’d suggest you might get more than $10k off...but beware and be sure you get a warranty start date and mileage that match the date of sale.

I’d start at $37,000.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it’s a 2017 Ti with the sports pack, I gotta think it’s been a demo. With anything over 200 miles and the fact it’s just about 2 model years old, I’d suggest you might get more than $10k off...but beware and be sure you get a warranty start date and mileage that match the date of sale.

I’d start at $37,000.
They only came down to $46k so I passed.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yea, my 2017 Base, relatively loaded, window stickered for $47,200 and was bought at $42,000. With 13,000 miles, my current trade value from KBB is $26,500. That’s an almost 44% loss of value, although private party resale is closer to $32,250, which is a 32% hair cut.

Choosing a loaded 2017 Ti with everything, Rosso, 500 miles, I get $33,000 and $37,300...but that is in North Texas.

I wouldn’t touch a “new” 2017 right now for anything more than 65-70% of new price...call it $36,000 to $38,500. Just call up the manager and remind them that the 2017’s don’t work properly with modern cell phones, and never will. In about two months, that 2017 becomes a two year-old millstone around his neck. Tell him $37,500, and the offer is good till next Saturday...then sit on it and wait. If he doesn’t call, he’s out a sale on a 2017...and when he calls next month, offer him $35,000.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
My local dealer is advertising a discount of $7500 for 2017s. You should start from there.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
From what I remember, I think my 2017 base model had a sticker of 46k and we bought it for 39k.

I think that was a very good deal.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
All I am going to say is the discounts I am seeing from AR are much better than Audi, Benz, and BMW. We have a QV. Love it. No complaints. A steal for the performance we got. Nickel and dime yourself to death or go to the other dealers and bargain. We are in the market now for a small SUV. Of course we are looking at the Stelvio. We are also considering the Q5 but the big downside there is there is one in the family already and who likes a copy cat. She came from a Lexus and thought the Audi was a step down. We are not in the market for a Lexus or a Benz because simply we don't like their styling at all and if that is the case you don't proceed further. I am sitting here thinking about AR and people wanting 20% or 10% or given to them. The discounts are a bit bizarre but hey you are trying to break into a flooded market. So we are likely going to give it until 2019's are release but we don't want to wait much longer. Not because we think that AR won't last it is because at some point those discounts won't last. Grab them while you can. The car is awesome but it is currently the best kept secret. A lot of people are waiting......for that magic number of years for AR to be in the US before they pull the plug. My thought is by the time they do the BIG discounts could be gone.

We bought the QV in April of 2018 for a 2017. We thought they should give us the car at a huuuuggggeeee discount because hey it is a year old MY. Well in reality not much changed but carplay. So we got the priciest QV you could get. We do love all the safety features (dynamic plus) we love the ride, we love our sparcos and oh well it had the CCM's on it. Of course a new model year priced just over $90k would sit. Think they would sell it to you for $70K.....NOT A CHANCE. Your warranty begins the day you buy the car.

BTW. Good luck getting 20% or $10k off a 2017 Q5 or any of those other brands. But hey their interior looks nicer so why not...not

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.