Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

What is your 'Normal' coolant temp?

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jkoval 
#1 ·
I just took delivery and drove 450 miles home in my Ti and the temp gauge was 1 notch above the midpoint most of the time. Only dropped to mid point a few times. I was a bit worried since I figured they'd have set the mid point as Normal temp.

#6 ·
Thanks all. That's a relief. And boo on my for thinking it was coolant. Figures it would be Oil. Good for Alfa. Always hated not having an Oil Temp.

#7 ·
The only problem with those illuminated segments is there is a program that says "at temp a° to b° display one segment". Then at temp b.1° to c°, display two segments. So a temp with half segments illuminated vs. one more than half may be 0.1° or whatever resolution the temp probe specs call for. Bottom line nothing to worry about because a digital signal is converted to an analog type display with an unknown difference between segments. A good display because you can easily see, at a glance: halfway up or a segment above or below midway, etc. A better display would combine a easy reading analog segment display with a digital temp either next to it or in the center screen between the tach and speedo, example- "149°F".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.