Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about the Giulia over the previous cars you owned?....

In my case it was multiple things.... the power, the steering, the handling, the looks, the passion........

Reactions: SterlingDriver

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My favorite aspect....I don't see myself coming and going....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
But...if I had to pick one tangible quality of the car....the "directness" of the steering....the car just darts wherever you direct it....Amazingly direct without being jittery....

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
The Giulia's awesome infotainment system. >:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Steering is so light and quick, it makes the car feel like liquid through tight turns....Makes the 135i I had seem like a truck.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
In my Q4, putting it in D (finally found a suitable place) and punching it on a steep, curvy road. In spite of the crappy Centurato tires the car seems to just claw at (and grip) the road. I managed a good 10-15MPH faster than I had gone before on that stretch (Climax road near Pine Grove). Only complaint: Climax Road suddenly became way too short.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.405135,-120.6887923,16z

Oh yeah, I was also astounded to find that Calaveras road (north of Milpitas) is closed until the fall. ARRRGGGGHHHH. This is the alternate when the Sunol grade gets backed up or just too **** boring.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.4680029,-121.8469058,14z

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
For me it was handling, close to dealer is a fantastic curvy back road theough woods that I know on my bike like a back of my hand....so I pushed it....realized that despite no active vectoring diferential and 70HP less I was going 10 miles faster than in S4 throgh every corner with ease, perfect control, direct precise steering and incredibly competent yet compliant suspension....no understeer, perfectly weighted...
i was enchanted by Alfas since my brief ownership of 33 many moons ago....quite honestly 20 years in Audis made me bored and when I first saw pic of upcoming Giulia it was love at first sight...interestingly enough I bough car that looks exactly the same as that first pic...MC blue Lusso with crema and light wood...I admit I am smitten still, willing to forgive all its shortcomings, never really cared too much abouth GPSs and other creature comforts so much...just love driving her anytime I can

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Ooh, ooh. Giulia owners!

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yeah I think the feeling that the steering wheel is so in tune with the direction of the front wheels it’s almost telepathic but somehow they still managed to not make it feel too darty to the point where you get fatigued from constant over corrections is remarkable. Go kart steering is quick and direct but you’d never want to deal with it on a long road trip. If you want it more gentile you can do it if you want it more sharp it does that too. That they managed in general to distill down all the essentials of what makes a great sports car great, wrap it up in a sedan and not take on any of the impracticalities of a sports car is truly astounding...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yeah I think the feeling that the steering wheel is so in tune with the direction of the front wheels it’s almost telepathic but somehow they still managed to not make it feel too darty to the point where you get fatigued from constant over corrections is remarkable. Go kart steering is quick and direct but you’d never want to deal with it on a long road trip. If you want it more gentile you can do it if you want it more sharp it does that too. That they managed in general to distill down all the essentials of what makes a great sports car great, wrap it up in a sedan and not take on any of the impracticalities of a sports car is truly astounding...
.....and this is driving the "Established Sports Car Fanboys" CRAZY !!!!

So when reviewing or referring to the Giulia (and specifically the Quad) they will fall into the cliche stereotypical..."Oh, but let's see how reliable Gina is gonna be..Ha, Ha, Ha".....So tired, so ignorant....

FORZA ALFA BABY

·
Registered
316 Posts
There are lots of thing, but the biggest difference from my previous cars is it's effortless, willing acceleration. With just slight pedal it purrs through the gears effortlessly to 80. Of course that steering is different from anyone's previous cars, too.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have never given interior design much thought. I also ignore all reviewers’ complaints about interior quality in any car because they sound like whining weenies to me. Having said that..........I love just sitting in my car. It is truly unique and beautiful, and a lovely place to pass the time. However, what always astounds is how this car claws for traction as it brutally accelerates. I have never owned or piloted a speed boat, but when my Quad comes out of a slow corner or parking lot at full steam it gives me the image of a powerboat leaving a giant wake(sp) and huge rooster tail. Complete addictive.>:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts