Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,
As some of you know, I have been working on this 2017 Giulia QV rebuild for some time now. The car was rear ended with a significant damage the the driver side rear corner. I finally got all the body and paint work done. I am putting together my trunk components. Came across a few damaged harness pieces that I am replacing. In the mean time, noticed this broken connector that I don't know where it connects to and what it does.
Am I missing a module or some sort of an electronic component in the driver side rear corner? I attached a few pictures of the area, it's right underneath the HK amplifier towards the front of the car. There are a few attachment points there which makes me think that there was supposed to be something mounted there and this broken blue/black connector is for that component.
I thank you all for your time and help in advance.

Erdem
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Window Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 3 day subscription to Mopar Connect may help to get that kind of info.
Great idea... I was starting to feel lost in this. With my OCD, not being able to figure things out to put things back where they exactly belong is taking a toll on me.

·
Registered
2017 TI Lusso Q4
35 Posts
Wiring diagram will be important but here are some other posts that have pictures (note it varies based on factory sound system):
DIY Intermediate / Harman Kardon amplifier upgrade...
Note: Some wiring diagram PDFs are included here^

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wiring diagram will be important but here are some other posts that have pictures (note it varies based on factory sound system):
DIY Intermediate / Harman Kardon amplifier upgrade...
Note: Some wiring diagram PDFs are included here^
Thank you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Assuming that's left rear. That's mostly car audio system goes. Perhaps if you are missing rear bumper, some are supposed to go outside from there?
I can check my QV as I'm installing back camera and painting bumper.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Assuming that's left rear. That's mostly car audio system goes. Perhaps if you are missing rear bumper, some are supposed to go outside from there?
I can check my QV as I'm installing back camera and painting bumper.
I would appreciate that. There are two connectors which connects to parking sensors and lane departure sensors etc. Those are on the outsides of the trunk. This mystery connector is branching of off the main left body harness right before those two black connectors. The only thing I can think of is that this is a pre-installed harness connector for Stelvio‘s towing connections. Since Giulia doesn’t have that I’m assuming it is just a connector that is not connected to anything? I’m guessing both vehicles have the same body harness and wiring connections.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, the mystery of the broken blue/black connector is solved. Thank you all for your inputs and guidance.
It turns out, there is no module or a component goes into that area next to the HK amplifier. Those three mounting points on the front wall are for three connectors, tow of them are black square connectors that belong to rear bumper harness and the third, broken blue/black, connector is a CAN splicer block. Nothing is missing in that area.. Project is moving along.. Hopefully she will be running sometime next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts