Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

What exhaust setup did you choose for your QV?

• 1. SELECT YOUR EXHAUST:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Stradale

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Supersprint

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Capristo

• Akrapovic

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Milltek

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Ragazzon

• Quicksilver

• Pogea

• Remus

• Tubi

• X-Pipe

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Other / see comments

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 2. SELECT YOUR VALVES:

• Stock

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Forza / plugged the vacuum lines

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Other / see comments

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 3. SELECT YOUR CATS:

• Stock

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • High flow cats

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Downpipes

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other / see comments

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it could be a good idea for both new qv owners and existing owners looking to mod their exhaust to create a poll of what qv owners have done to their exhaust so far. And who knows, this could perhaps become a sticky.

I split the poll into 3 sections. The first covers the actual exhaust pipes, the second covers the valves/controllers, and the third covers the cats. I'm sure I missed some options so I did add "other" as a choice.

I'll go first; as my signature states: x-pipe and forza with stock cats

·
Registered
423 Posts
Easiest way to increased power with a F/I car is tune + exhaust, so IMO, exhaust mods are tempting...in addition to changing sound. Luckily, IMO, stock the exhaust sounds pretty good. But yeah, bigger down pipes + HFC will be what I'm looking for when my time comes.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found this clip online for milltek and really like it. I think it might be my favorite sounding of all the exhausts I listed in the poll.

Will the person who responded milltek in the poll comment on how you like yours, and what tips you chose?

I also really like the sound of the supersprint exhaust, but as they also sell DPs and HFCs I imagine this video includes one of them which will make it sound better than an exhaust with stock cats.

Finally I want to give a nod to the stradale as it does seem to have all the makings of a great sounding exhaust: 3 inch piping, 4.5 inch tips, an x pipe resonator delete, and an external muffler bypass (the only exhaust on the list I believe that has all of those options). However based on the sound clip, I do think the milltek and the supersprint sound sportier, but it could be in the way the videos were shot

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks for this thread OP!

Hope to add DP + HFC eventually as I'm interested in better exhaust flow & power with an ECU tune. Improved sound would just be icing on the cake, I think the OEM exhaust sounds pretty good as is.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I have the Stradale exhaust from Centerline. and am very happy with the fit/finish and of course sound. this is the only mod I will do to the QV, except perhaps a set of rims.
for me the current HP 505 is more than ample for this car, I am also leery about gett

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting results so far, thank you for the post @Avnyc11. I really need to get the Forza controller. And I've been really thinking about the x-pipe or downpipes just to add a little bit.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting results so far, thank you for the post @Avnyc11. I really need to get the Forza controller. And I've been really thinking about the x-pipe or downpipes just to add a little bit.
I really want hfc as well; though I am worried about passing inspection and I'm not ready for a tune while I'm under warranty. I think the x pipe should be sufficient but I wonder if a full exhaust is better. Milltek is top of my list so far.

Isn’t that Alfa Phillys QV in the Fabspeed video?
Yes it is

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know of an exhaust or tune that causes crackling on deceleration? I'm only aware of the blips that occur as the gears drop and the revs increase.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I suppose any tuner could do this by tweaking DFCO, Deceleration Fuel Cut Off.
So it's not a function of the exhaust but rather the tune. Good to know

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I find that the "rice-krispies" as my wife calls them, are more noticeable just above 4k when you are accelerating, the exhaust "may" accentuate them (louder).
with FI everything is about the tune, now if your looking for flames out the exhaust ala Lambo or 930 thats another issue ;)

·
Vendor
3,718 Posts
Why not go full Italian. ;) Supersprint is very nice. I think it sounds the best. Very nice tone, no distortion. Tuned very well, all hand made with 100% Italian SS/materials.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 81 Posts