85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see attached image.
$1500 drive off
About $400/month + tax
Interest rate 1.6%
Residual value 62%
24 month lease
Miles allowed: I neglected to ask, will call them tomorrow. But I'm guessing it's 12,000 miles

Thanks,

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd say take that all day long but im smelling a bait and switch. But put that through a lease calculator and the dealer would have to have a very thin margin.

Using those same numbers, and factoring in dealer shenanigans, odds are 10:1 you'll actually end up $440-450/mo before state tax.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I tend to agree with BluGiul. That's the best deal I've seen. Too good to be true. If it's real, sign it immediately, if not sooner. Even at 450 it's still a bargain. That car should be in the 500s normally.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks guys!
I'll contact them first thing in the morning.
What a deal !!! Don't call them at 9:00 AM when they open. You don't want to look too desperate. Make sure to bring something that shows their commitment such as a printout that they gave you or an email. Check their lot to see if the car is still there before you walk in. Obviously, you know where it is because you have a pic of Monroney sticker. Hope you get the deal:smile2:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, you guys called it.
After emailing back and forth, this is where things are at:

$49,540 MSRP
$42,970 Selling price (discounts for having another luxury brand and dealer discount)
15,000 miles a year, 24-month lease.
So far so good.

The crazy parts:
$585 + tax, with $1,200 drive-off
$633 + tax, with zero drive-off

I just had to laugh reading this offer.

If they keep up this BS, I'll go back to my first choice, a 2017 Chevrolet SS with manual trans.

·
Banned
264 Posts

$49,540 MSRP
$42,970 Selling price (discounts for having another luxury brand and dealer discount)
So far so good.

The crazy parts:

If they keep up this BS, I'll go back to my first choice, a 2017 Chevrolet SS with manual trans.
the 15k per year is likely making it significantly worse...did they give you a quote for 12k?

·
Registered
482 Posts

$49,540 MSRP
So far so good.

The crazy parts:

I would tell them you want to pay $600 a month including tax. Zero down. That would be a fair deal on that car. Going from 12k to 15k miles hits you for an extra 20 bucks a month.

·
Registered
482 Posts
OK, update:
$589 + tax, zero drive-off, 15,000 miles.
What do you guys think?

Thanks,
You're pretty close, man. 1.22% of MSRP by my calculations, assuming 7% tax ( I don't know what county you are in) and 20 bucks a month extra to go from 12k to 15k. I think at least 1.2% should be doable on any Giulia. So I still think $600 maximum including tax is where you should be. If you can't get them down any further without a gun, it depends on how much you want the car. But again, you are close. It's not the best deal, and it's certainly not the worst.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts