Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure a muscle car type guy is the right choice for Alfa, as long as he understands the character that Alfa has and doesn't try to just dragster up the brand he might be alright...

·
Registered
303 Posts
If he can help Alfa succeed in the North American market, where it does not seem to be making much headway, that would be good. I think the national marketing campaign needs to be far more aggressive and the dealers need to do more in the local markets to make Alfa a household name, so that people who are shopping for BMWs and Mercedes and Lexus and Audis will all add Alfa to the test drive list. I don't think that is happening now, even with the great car that the Giulia is and the great SUV that the Stelvio is. The marketing campaign must be fought now as aggressively and with the same focus that Alfa engineers put into the design of these great cars. The Alfa story is way too unknown in the general public this long after the launch in North America.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,714 Posts
If he can help Alfa succeed in the North American market, where it does not seem to be making much headway, that would be good. I think the national marketing campaign needs to be far more aggressive and the dealers need to do more in the local markets to make Alfa a household name, so that people who are shopping for BMWs and Mercedes and Lexus and Audis will all add Alfa to the test drive list. I don't think that is happening now, even with the great car that the Giulia is and the great SUV that the Stelvio is. The marketing campaign must be fought now as aggressively and with the same focus that Alfa engineers put into the design of these great cars. The Alfa story is way too unknown in the general public this long after the launch in North America.
I agree. There seems to be non-stop ads for Volvo on the idiot box. The ads don't tell me why I would want to buy the car either. I don't endorse that level from Alfa, but I should get more than "huh?" from friends and family when I mention Alfa Romeo.

Alfa has a reputation for being expensive to keep running amongst the people I know who do know the brand. One coworker says in a previous job one of his coworkers drove the company car, an AR 164 everywhere including the track, but he would never consider buying one because of the cost of ownership. The incredibly high prices they are charging for parts is not helping change that opinion. Maybe new leadership can set more realistic prices for spares, which would likely increase the availability of spares? After all the perception of "always broken" is actually a function of both the time between failures and the time to repair. From what I hear in the forums, it seems that the time to repair is the bigger issue and something that the company leadership should be able to influence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts