Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1921 - 1940 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,933 Posts
I can hear it hissing in the garage—gotta go in, unfortunately. I didn’t use the fix-a-flat chemicals—that stuff will ruin wheels.
Oh interesting. My kit expired and was looking to get a new one but didn't know but the effect on wheels

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I can hear it hissing in the garage—gotta go in, unfortunately. I didn’t use the fix-a-flat chemicals—that stuff will ruin wheels.
Do you have AAA?. They also flatbed, if called. Not good to be waiting for a flatbed 24hrs. Did they tell if that is their normal response time or did you guys talked about not an urgent need?. Asking in case one is on the route and needs a flatbed. Also, are you sure that the flat tires kit in the trunk cause damages to the wheels?. I have not heard about that before. So, why is that kit in the truck if one can't use it?. That one confused me, I think.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wife wanted a little bass than the Harmon Kardon system provides so I installed these this morning. Amp has a built in hi/low converter and does not require a remote turn on from the head unit. i know its frowned upon mounting an amp on the speaker enclosure and normally I don't but it was the easiest place to put it and keep the wiring short and I didnt want to miunt it to the back of the seat. I might build a false wall later and mount the amp to that this fall. I pulled my signal from the rear OEM sub so when the radio powers up and a signal is sent to the amp it in turn powers up. Sub is a Rockford P3 4ohm DVC I have it running at 2ohms hits pretty hard set the gain kinda low unless the wife wants me to turn it up lol. Ran power directly into a fuse block and under the foam under the trunk liner there was a convenient ground only issue is the ground wire that came with the amp install kit wasn't long enough hence the green wire coming off amp. Both power and ground are 4gauge which is plenty for this set up. I should have taken pictures of the install process but I get into a rhythm and don't wanna stop working.
I have a 2018 TI sport with the HK stereo set up in it and although I’m very happy with with the HK system I have a 400 WaTy J and L amp sitting gathering dust I’m wondering if it makes any sense to have it installed in the Guilia and if it would be helpful or just mess up the system I have already in it
again I have no complaints with my current system but I also have the amp and if it could improve on the sound quality I would be inclined to give it a go on the other hand if it’s just going to cause problems i’ll just leave it alone thoughts?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Oh interesting. My kit expired and was looking to get a new one but didn't know but the effect on wheels
The chemicals used are harsh and harden, as they're supposed to--but will bond to other surfaces too, including wheels, paint, TPMS, etc. Extreme examples: Flat Tire Repair With Fix-a-Flat | Tire Puncture Repair | Tire Repair - Paul Campanella’s Auto & Tire Center

Do you have AAA?. They also flatbed, if called. Not good to be waiting for a flatbed 24hrs. Did they tell if that is their normal response time or did you guys talked about not an urgent need?. Asking in case one is on the route and needs a flatbed. Also, are you sure that the flat tires kit in the trunk cause damages to the wheels?. I have not heard about that before. So, why is that kit in the truck if one can't use it?. That one confused me, I think.
No AAA, honestly never really needed to call Alfa Cares either. Alfa Cares were actually really good--they called me back several times to let me know of delays. I was likely a very low priority because my car was at home. I ended up just filling up to 45PSI and made the 30 minute trip to the dealer without issue. I already had an appointment scheduled to swap out my winter for summers on the Ti Sport, so used that slot. The wheel and tire protection came in handy again as he had one rear in stock and was able to swap it out at no cost. See above on the fix-a-flat chemicals :)

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
The chemicals used are harsh and harden, as they're supposed to--but will bond to other surfaces too, including wheels, paint, TPMS, etc. Extreme examples: Flat Tire Repair With Fix-a-Flat | Tire Puncture Repair | Tire Repair - Paul Campanella’s Auto & Tire Center

No AAA, honestly never really needed to call Alfa Cares either. Alfa Cares were actually really good--they called me back several times to let me know of delays. I was likely a very low priority because my car was at home. I ended up just filling up to 45PSI and made the 30 minute trip to the dealer without issue. I already had an appointment scheduled to swap out my winter for summers on the Ti Sport, so used that slot. The wheel and tire protection came in handy again as he had one rear in stock and was able to swap it out at no cost. See above on the fix-a-flat chemicals :)
Wow!. I did not know about this. I was completely confident on using the flat tire kit that is in the trunk, if I ever needed it. So, this may be another good reason for me to go to run flat tires. Yes, I know, people will get crazy about this comment.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,007 Posts
Wow!. I did not know about this. I was completely confident on using the flat tire kit that is in the trunk, if I ever needed it. So, this may be another good reason for me to go to run flat tires. Yes, I know, people will get crazy about this comment.
Gesture Event Blazer Suit Fur

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I've had a can go nuts on me one time and it got all over a concrete driveway. No amount of solution could get the residue off. And I've never cooked or smoked meth; but, anecdotally I've read the smell of the chemicals used is exactly what cooking meth smells like :D

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
707 Posts
A few years ago I had a10+ year old can of Fix A Flat explode in the spare tire well of a Honda. That stuff not only went all all over the well, but also blew out around the edges of the trunk cardboard floor. I used lacquer thinner to remove most of the mess. But here were still traces left when I sold the car a few years later. Guess it had an expiration date.

• Wow
Reactions: 614

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
A few years ago I had a10+ year old can of Fix A Flat explode in the spare tire well of a Honda. That stuff not only went all all over the well, but also blew out around the edges of the trunk cardboard floor. I used lacquer thinner to remove most of the mess. But here were still traces left when I sold the car a few years later. Guess it had an expiration date.
I'm going to remove mine from my car this weekend.

I know the can has an expiration date, but does anyone know how accurate that is? I'm only 3 months past it

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY18
200 Posts
Today I replaced both OEM diverter valves with GTB DV+ on my Quad. I used both springs and no CELs for now. If they appear I will remove the main springs, as per included manual. The cable connector on left DV however now touches the plastic intake pipe, due to being raised compare to OEM - not ideal - I hope it does not brake away if someone puts his hands/weight on the intake pipe. The right one has more than enough space.

While I was there, I removed MAP sensors to clean them as well. The one on the right cylinder bank was pretty clean, however the one on the left bank was noticably oiled. This is the bank that also deactivates iself as a part of cylinder deactivation system. I have this tuned out since October/November 2021, so the car did around 90.000 km (55.000 miles) with it functioning. But I doubt this could be the cause.
After cleaning both MAP sensors the engine feels better/smoother.
I also remember when I did some MES logs for Stephan (Squadra Tuning) he noticed that left bank needs more lambda correction, for some reason. Maybe dirty MAP sensor was the culprit.

Now I wonder if there is something wrong with the left cyl. bank and why oil/moisture was present on MAP sensor. I will remove it after a month of usage to se if oil residues start appearing again. I also see some oil vapours coming from left valve cover - I have new seals for it waiting at the dealer for some time now, so hopefully will repalce them soon.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Today I decided to turn off multi radar alerts on my detector despite being in NYC. I'm going to rely on Waze and the defender database 🤞🏻

Finally some peace and quiet, says the guy with hfc 😂

Reactions: MDriver and Chicago

·
Registered
2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
147 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY18
200 Posts
Reached 100.000 km (about 62.000 miles) a couple of days ago. Car just works.

So today I changed gearbox oil (Motul ATF VI) and differential oil (Ravenol DGL SAE 75W-85 GL-5 LS). Wow, those diff oils smell terrible. I also replaced two additional front control arms as I heard some knocking sounds, so basically now I have all new front suspension, as I replaced all the components (except dampers) in the last few months. Feels better now.

Anyway, on Wednesday, I will get new brakes installed; Tarox D95 rotors, Tarox Corsa pads, HEL braided brake lines, Motul RBF 700 brake fluid; and then I am almost ready to attack Spa-Francorchamps racetrack in the beginning of June...

1921 - 1940 of 1941 Posts