Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1901 - 1920 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,933 Posts
I got a stelvio my20+ loaner today, while my qv is at the dealer for summer tires and final service before factory warranty ends (I have an extended though), and my suspicions are confirmed. While the touch screen is cool and felt responsive, i.e. on par with rivals, I reaffirmed my opinion that I HATE touch screens in cars and so so so much more prefer the rotary knob on my my18

TLDR; Love my car and never ever want to get rid of it

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
707 Posts
Agree with you 100% about touchscreen. I have it in my 2020 and don't use it. I was used to the rotary knob in my 2018 and just completely forgot about the screen when I got the new car. Probably has something to do with me being old lol.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
63 Posts
Total cost $260 for the he paddles (attached to a steering column and the steering column cowl) sourced through eBay.
I already had the multiecuscan and adapters.
Install took me about an hour, taking my time, removing the air bag and steering wheel, and reassembling.
Overall, very easy.
It's stock and all oem, so I don't see it affecting warranty.
Thank you for the reply! I will look into it more to see if I am brave enough to do this on my own.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I got a stelvio my20+ loaner today, while my qv is at the dealer for summer tires and final service before factory warranty ends (I have an extended though), and my suspicions are confirmed. While the touch screen is cool and felt responsive, i.e. on par with rivals, I reaffirmed my opinion that I HATE touch screens in cars and so so so much more prefer the rotary knob on my my18

TLDR; Love my car and never ever want to get rid of it
was that your FILTHY QV I saw at Miller yesterday.... 🤣
dropped mine off this AM for an oil change, and general check-up

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Yes! I'm also having an oil change done.

Didn't wash it bc I knew I was bringing it in. At least this way I can't be accused of not driving it lol

They said I should hopefully have it back on Friday

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Yes! I'm also having an oil change done.

Didn't wash it bc I knew I was bringing it in. At least this way I can't be accused of not driving it lol

They said I should hopefully have it back on Friday
saw some new faces....Evan was there to take my car in....Norbert who responded to my email was not??
some other fellow was at his desk

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
saw some new faces....Evan was there to take my car in....Norbert who responded to my email was not??
some other fellow was at his desk
I saw the new guy too, but Norbert was also there walking around. It was Evan though who took care of me.

New guy had on a Ferrari shirt so maybe he's on loan or transferred from another location

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Picked up my car today. It's all clean now. Lol

I saw yours there in the lot 😍🔥

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Yeah I'm headed to Florida tomorrow and will be back Tuesday so will pick up Wednesday...that's why I left it to them on Tuesday AM, so they would have all the time to get it ready...how's your car..all good!?
They changed oil and rear brakes. I had them do a last inspection under factory warranty and they said they didn't find anything. Most importantly, summers are on 😈

I'm going to Florida in a few weeks to visit a friend in Jacksonville. He's got a gt350, hence why I'm going 😂

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
They changed oil and rear brakes. I had them do a last inspection under factory warranty and they said they didn't find anything. Most importantly, summers are on 😈

I'm going to Florida in a few weeks to visit a friend in Jacksonville. He's got a gt350, hence why I'm going 😂
brakes?? pads?? or rotors as well?
last visit, with the belt service, I had them install the EBC Yellow pads...proactive ;)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
brakes?? pads?? or rotors as well?
last visit, with the belt service, I had them install the EBC Yellow pads...proactive ;)
I wanted ebc yellow. Found them for the rear but 2 month wait on the front. I did pads only. I'm going to do rotors next time and go with gyrodisc and ebc. I'll just order enough in advanced

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,087 Posts
Someone grazed my passenger side quarter panel on the Ti Sport, took some paint off. I’ve been waiting for a warm day to put it back on :)

View attachment 126348
Can you please provide a step-by-step? My Buick TourX is missing some clear in a 2 square inch spot and I'd like to touch up.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Can you please provide a step-by-step? My Buick TourX is missing some clear in a 2 square inch spot and I'd like to touch up.
If you know the color code, a reputable brand could mix a can of spray paint for you (I use scratcheshappen.com for my paint—they’re great).

If your Buick is down to the plastic (or metal), you’ll need either a plastic adhesion promoter (I use 3M aerosol) or primer for the metal.

While doing these initial steps before paint (tested, ensured a good match), I fill up the sink with warm water and place the can of spray paint into it. This will aid in the mixing process during the shake.

Before anything, I first use 3000 grit sand paper to go over the blemish—this will rough it up enough to get any loose paint around the chip.

You’ll likely scrape some factory clear coat off too, that’s okay—just use very light, even pressure for a minute or so (I go wet to make it a bit easier).

Don’t fold the sand paper, I use my finger tips with a very small piece, others use a block.

Next, I clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol with a soft, microfiber shop towel. Ensure there isn’t any debris on the cloth as that could scratch the factory clear coat to the paint or beyond.

I then dry it off with another shop towel, and then use a tack cloth to ensure there isn’t any microscopic pieces of lint in the area you want to paint.

Next, apply green automotive tape (I had several small chips down to the black plastic) to tape around the edges of each area you want to paint.

Take a close up picture of the areas because you’ll lose them once you start to spray—helpful reminder to pull back up.

Make sure you over tape areas and cover places you don’t want inadvertent sprays of any of the mediums—ensure it’s well ventilated, and at least in the low 70s outside or in your area, with relatively low humidity. Don’t spray in direct sunlight, try to use a heat gun to speed up the curing process, etc.

If it’s down to the plastic (like mine), I apply two coats of adhesion promoter (aerosol primer can be used for metal). First coat is light spray, wait 5 minutes, then a more wet spray, wait 10 mins.

Check the area(s) you’re about to spray again for any debris that may have made its way onto the surface.

Since the Stromboli Gray is a tri-coat, I apply 1 light coat, using even swipes to the left and right sides. Wait 15 minutes, turn the can upside down and spray (away from anything, this will not distribute paint, but clear the nozzle), and go in a bit more heavy on the second coat.

If you don’t have a tri-coat, you can wait 45 minutes and start with clear coat—in my case, I applied two more mid-coats of paint and waited (the 45 minutes).

Time for the clear coat—I check my photo I took and note where the spots are (by this time, they are very hard to find. Since these were small, I used two coats of clear, waiting 15 minutes between each.

After the last coat of clear and another 15 minutes of waiting, you can slowly remove the tape.

You’ll notice raised areas of clear, perfectly shaped by the tape—about 1mm above the car’s clear coat.

Feel around areas that may have not been covered, and any surface that feels a bit sticky, wipe with isopropyl alcohol, dry, and use some compound to ensure no stray metal flakes from the paint, adhesion from the promoter, or clear coat got on surfaces around it. The quicker you can remove any access, the easier it’ll be to get it off.

If you can have the car sit for 48 hours, that would be the best—if not, it’s cool to drive, just don’t wash it. The spray paint needs the two days to cure.

After two days, use a bit of 3000-4000 grit to wet sand (light, even strokes) over the new clear coat.

You should see the 1mm shape start to be removed until only a small area is left over the repair.

This will again remove some the car’s factory clear, so I’m very careful.

I then dry off with a microfiber towel, grab some compound and either by hand or tool, work the compound into the paint and clear coat to remove and smooth out the roughed up clear.

From there, a wash, re-compound, polish and wax. It’ll never be perfect, but it will look much better than before—no one will notice unless you point it out if you’re patient and have a few bucks to spend on some materials.

Practice on some things first until you feel comfortable with getting paint in front of your car :)

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Well, didn’t drive it… pulled out of the garage just as I was being alerted to 9 PSI on my driver rear. Used the electric pump to get it back to normal, called Alfa Cares to have it towed to my dealer—never showed up. I think these tires are on back order for a month or two… Tow is supposedly coming at 8am tomorrow, we shall see. #flatbedferrariderivedengine

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Well, didn’t drive it… pulled out of the garage just as I was being alerted to 9 PSI on my driver rear. Used the electric pump to get it back to normal, called Alfa Cares to have it towed to my dealer—never showed up. I think these tires are on back order for a month or two… Tow is supposedly coming at 8am tomorrow, we shall see. #flatbedferrariderivedengine

View attachment 126448
If the pressure holds till tomorrow, would you still take it in?

1901 - 1920 of 1941 Posts