Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1661 - 1680 of 1687 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Finally changed the rear brakes. Less than 15,000 miles and they were toast. Luckily I paid attention because the wear sensors were cut on both sides. It was intentional, likely the person who leased the car before I got it didn't want to swap the pads before turning it in with only 10,000 miles.

There was a bit of a hiccup as I did order the wrong rear pads: New Power Stop Rear Brake Pads for QV without Carbon...

The fronts still have at least half left but the rear insides were almost all gone. Here is an inside OEM pad compared to a new one (Power Stop Z231989).
Safety glove Hood Glove Gesture Automotive lighting

Hood Wood Car Fender Gas

It's nice that the Power Stop pads come with all the hardware.
Sleeve Automotive exterior Font Automotive lighting Automotive design

The rotors were horrible thanks Michigan salt and sitting (first owner had 10,000 miles in 2 years and then I got it the week COVID started). Luckily, no other rust elsewhere though:
Automotive tire Wood Wheel Automotive wheel system Rim

For rotors, I went with "GeoSpec Coated" rotors by Dynamic Friction (60416013) as they "are specially coated with a patented paint to form a durable and attractive silver-gray finish that fights rust better than other conventional paint or zinc coatings". We will see how they hold up but cannot be any worse than OEM.
Automotive tire Font Cameras & optics Screenshot Parallel

Here's how it looks all put back together:
Automotive tire Locking hubs Wheel Vehicle brake Disc brake

Followed the break-in procedure and the brakes feel soooo much better:
Gadget Font Electronic device Multimedia Publication

Was happy to use the Safe Jack RennStand stands for the first time though. I kind of want to get a second pair but they are a bit pricey.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,497 Posts
Finally changed the rear brakes. Less than 15,000 miles and they were toast. Luckily I paid attention because the wear sensors were cut on both sides. It was intentional, likely the person who leased the car before I got it didn't want to swap the pads before turning it in with only 10,000 miles.

There was a bit of a hiccup as I did order the wrong rear pads: New Power Stop Rear Brake Pads for QV without Carbon...

The fronts still have at least half left but the rear insides were almost all gone. Here is an inside OEM pad compared to a new one (Power Stop Z231989).
View attachment 118303

View attachment 118304

It's nice that the Power Stop pads come with all the hardware.
View attachment 118305

The rotors were horrible thanks Michigan salt and sitting (first owner had 10,000 miles in 2 years and then I got it the week COVID started). Luckily, no other rust elsewhere though:
View attachment 118307

For rotors, I went with "GeoSpec Coated" rotors by Dynamic Friction (60416013) as they "are specially coated with a patented paint to form a durable and attractive silver-gray finish that fights rust better than other conventional paint or zinc coatings". We will see how they hold up but cannot be any worse than OEM.
View attachment 118308

Here's how it looks all put back together:
View attachment 118309

Followed the break-in procedure and the brakes feel soooo much better:
View attachment 118310

Was happy to use the Safe Jack RennStand stands for the first time though. I kind of want to get a second pair but they are a bit pricey.
Yeah, wow, your rear calipers were not sliding properly. Did you make sure to lube the slide pins and the brake pad slide surfaces with hi temp brake grease?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Guitar accessory Bumper

Reactions: GottWhat

·
Registered
390 Posts
What did you use to clean them?
Some Meguire tire and wheel foam cleaner first. Bused a brush to agitate it. Washed off then a mixture of Dawn liquid dishes detergent and water, using a brush again. Wash that off and last Scratch liquid on a microfiber towel. Nice and simple. Will try to clean the fronts this weekend.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
744 Posts
Some Meguire tire and wheel foam cleaner first. Bused a brush to agitate it. Washed off then a mixture of Dawn liquid dishes detergent and water, using a brush again. Wash that off and last Scratch liquid on a microfiber towel. Nice and simple. Will try to clean the fronts this weekend.
Mine are pretty bad. I washed them after my track day, but they still look nasty. I need to get a brush and really scrub em.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have had my Veloce for just over a month and finally got around to organising my music and playing with the audio setup. I have the HK system so started by getting rid of the surround sound. Already a big improvement. Loaded nearly 64Gb of .WAV audio to the tinnest usb drive I could find which now sits in the USB port under the HVAC controls.

Also have Tidal via the phone

Is the best system ever? No, and probably not to the standard of the B & O system in the previous Audi but its OK - its car audio not a concert hall or recording studio.

Peripheral White Input device Grey Font
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put on the "winter" wheels/tires. :( They're actually all-seasons, as we don't get much if any snow during the winter; we just get cold temps. But we also seem to have long shoulder seasons, where the am temps are in the 30s and the afternoon temps are in the 50s.

1661 - 1680 of 1687 Posts