Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1641 - 1660 of 1687 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Base Q4, white
93 Posts
Took her in for 30k mile service. Had oil changed, cabin air filter, and brake fluid replaced. The staff at Van Horn in Davenport Iowa were all polite and professional. Even when Shilo asked me to please not go underneath my car while it was up on the lift. Hey, I'd never seen the underside before!

I'd read that the cabin filter was easier to change if you were a smaller person, so of course Aaron who did that job was a BIG guy. Sorry, man.

I had asked for cost estimates a few weeks ago and confirmed them when I checked in. Service manager Sivi said that one of them would be a bit less. Cool!

There was a long block of a 2L motor new on a pallet in the shop. Very interesting to see, and mechanic Curt showed me a bit of the ins and outs. Very cool!

Fogg

·
Registered
236 Posts
Installed a few bits that I had been collecting while waiting for the car to arrive.

Stop/start defeat from Alfissimo
Madness b/t Go Pedal
Puddle lights

That's the mods done for a while. Ceramic coat/ppf next and then I'll look at adding a JB4 in a few months.
Vehicle Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
761 Posts
Installed this bad boy:

Neither wallet ($300) nor track (63 pounds) friendly but I love their products. With all the issues that seem to be battery related with the Giulia, plus all of my additional electrical accessories, it seemed a no brainer. The car is three years old and the original battery was working fine but I chose to be proactive. Took about a week to arrive.

On a side note, whatever engineer decided to put the battery clamp down on the right side with such little wiggle room is a sick and twisted individual.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I will also add that after exactly two years of ownership and 42,000 miles the only three things that I have had done outside of routine maintenance is replacing a front sensor housing, replacing the transmission cooler (leak) and replacing the radiator (also a leak).

The longest I waited for a repair was three days.

The radiator was no surprise. I just opened the hood and checked every so often assuming it would eventually occur. I was able to time it around my next oil change and brake fluid flush so no inconvenience there.

The sensor housing was just bad luck but as with some other quirky things with this car, the whole grill was replaced, not just the little housing.

The transmission cooler leak was/is worrisome. Fortunately I caught the issue quickly so the transmission itself hasn’t appeared compromised. I still plan, however, to change the fluid around 90,000 miles and send in a sample to Blackstone to check for excess metal shavings.

The bad news is that the front bumper had to come off for all three issues! Yep, one broken tab, but fixed.

Car is still rock solid with no squeaks or rattles. I would consider this car purchase a success.

·
Registered
2017 Rosso Giulia Q4
10 Posts
Installed this bad boy:

Neither wallet ($300) nor track (63 pounds) friendly but I love their products. With all the issues that seem to be battery related with the Giulia, plus all of my additional electrical accessories, it seemed a no brainer. The car is three years old and the original battery was working fine but I chose to be proactive. Took about a week to arrive.

On a side note, whatever engineer decided to put the battery clamp down on the right side with such little wiggle room is a sick and twisted individual.
I just bought a 2017 that has a Varta battery, is it fair to assume that is the original battery? I have it on my ctek but am considering whether I should get replacement proactively.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 White/Black, Performance Pkg., Leather Pkg., 35W Xenon, Static Assist, Sunroof, Navigation
225 Posts
Installed Veloce Ti emblems. It was a pain in the ass to get them lined up, but happy with the result.

View attachment 117253
View attachment 117254
View attachment 117255
View attachment 117258
It truly isn't an easy job. I am sure at the factory, a machine aligns them.
I did it twice, and I still can't make up my mind if I like the way they are positioned.
The seam/body crease of the car goes slightly down towards the front of the car.
On one of the pictures I saw of a European car, they look like they follow the seam/crease down.
On some of the other pictures I have seen, they are level, as is the template on the forum.
I guess it really depends on what you personally like.

I repositioned my Q4 badge on the rear, because to my eye, it looked askew from the factory.
And now, I am happy... so there. lol.

Reactions: J_Rosso

·
Registered
711 Posts
I picked it up from the dealership.

• Finally did the W05 recall
  • Oil change - about 2 months early but I was already there ($119.95 +tax and shop supplies)
  • Intermittent brake warning light caused by rear pads needing to be replaced - they want $660 for pads and rotors but I decline as I already have new parts in my garage to DIY install
  • Noticed that my auto climate control set at 69 degrees has been warmer for the past few months. The air conditioning would blow out warm to hot air for several miles and it wasn't until I turned it down to 65 or cooler that the air would get colder. They performed a leak dye test with black light and found no leaks but found the system was down 54g of refrigerant.
  • Had this 2021 as a loaner:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
711 Posts
2022 (see the Ti badge, Sport bumper and optional Veloce rims). How did you like it?
Good call. It was nice. I liked the infotainment system better, the leather cover shifter and the wireless phone charger. It was a great color combination as well. I do think that this darker color would benefit from the chrome window trim but that is personal taste.

If I bought a 2022, I would miss the adaptive suspension.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have her even more polish/glaze/wax
So that’s
1 coat autoglym super resin
2 coats chemical guys black light
2 coats chemical guys hyper slick ceramic coating
1 coat chemical guys p40
Think the shine is pretty bang on now
front fog lights had a light tint applied to them as they looked to bright in the bumper.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light Light
Water Sky Eye Cloud Plant

1641 - 1660 of 1687 Posts