Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1621 - 1640 of 1658 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
719 Posts
Actually, from the photo, it appears that it's doing the same thing as what my ST-45 pads did. You should check on that. I'm assuming you got them from Alfissimo / Porterfield?
Yea I noticed last night the rears both have an inner ring which is interesting. I got them through Alfa9. I think he ordered them directly from Porterfield.

What did you do to resolve it?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Finished prepping car for a race weekend next week at Summit Point. I have done the following:
  • Tarox F2000 rotors (1 piece)

• Will be curious about your thoughts on the Tarox (especially concerning road noise and (eventually) pad wear) as they are on my short list of replacement rotors.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Yea I noticed last night the rears both have an inner ring which is interesting. I got them through Alfa9. I think he ordered them directly from Porterfield.

What did you do to resolve it?
So it's proof again that Porterfield is cutting the rear pads incorrectly. If you'd take them out and measure the thickness, you'll find that the pad material surface is not parallel to the backing plate. I resolved it by just using the brakes until it wore down, but that create uneven wear on the rotor.

I really recommend letting Matt know about this. Remind him that I (Jesse) also had issues with st45 bought through alfissimo. Porterfield was unwilling to do what's right and replace them with proper new pads. Maybe if enough people bitch, they'll finally listen.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
719 Posts
So it's proof again that Porterfield is cutting the rear pads incorrectly. If you'd take them out and measure the thickness, you'll find that the pad material surface is not parallel to the backing plate. I resolved it by just using the brakes until it wore down, but that create uneven wear on the rotor.

I really recommend letting Matt know about this. Remind him that I (Jesse) also had issues with st45 bought through alfissimo. Porterfield was unwilling to do what's right and replace them with proper new pads. Maybe if enough people bitch, they'll finally listen.
I am emailing @[email protected] with pictures. I do not wish to ruin these new rotors. I'd be really pissed if I were you since your 2-piece are much more expensive.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
I am emailing @[email protected] with pictures. I do not wish to ruin these new rotors. I'd be really pissed if I were you since your 2-piece are much more expensive.
I was and still am pissed about the whole thing. That's why they will never get my business from this point on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Share what you did today with the Alfa Romeo Giulia community!

Example: Pick up the Giula from my local dealership and went straight to a detailer to apply paint protection.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Taking her for a nice spirited cruise on Mulholland Drive. Can't wait!

Anything goes!
I pulled out my 245/40 19 huge tires and replaced them with 245/35 19. Great performance now

·
Registered
73 Posts
Installed Adam’s 10H graphene ceramic coating what a streaky pain in the butt. The paint does look deeper and even if it lasts half the advertised 7 years, it’ll be worth the $80. Lighting in the garage sucks.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another fun track day at Pacific Raceway in Kent Wa. Guy who took these photos was driving a 2019 M3. He had about 20 minutes worth of questions and at the end he said, "I'm in love with your car. I going to look at trading in mine so I can get a Giulia."
Cloud Car Sky Vehicle Tire
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Fence

·
Registered
73 Posts
Installed a Rho Plate. Breeze to install and doesn’t interfere with sensors. Just started moonlighting a little in Wisconsin and the police there will find any reason to pull over a FIB (fu**ing Illinois bastard) as they call us up there.

·
Registered
2017 Rosso Giulia Q4
6 Posts
Bought my 2017 little over week ago, installed a Platypus front license plate frame since CA requires front plate and updated the infotainment firmware to 002.010.043 which seems to have resolved issue with not seeing my iPhone contact information. The larger backup camera image is a nice bonus.

·
Registered
2017 Vulcano Black Giulia Ti Lusso - OEM Sport Bumper & Diffuser - OEM Carbon Grille & Mirror Caps
45 Posts
Bought my 2017 little over week ago, installed a Platypus front license plate frame since CA requires front plate and updated the infotainment firmware to 002.010.043 which seems to have resolved issue with not seeing my iPhone contact information. The larger backup camera image is a nice bonus.
So 002.010.043 increases the backup camera image size to that of MY20 and up? I also have a 2017.

1621 - 1640 of 1658 Posts