Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1631 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2019 Ti developed a random “I am not starting for you” habit this week. Literally would not start randomly, even though all dash lights and other electrical devices worked fine. And then it would “fixe itself” for a day or so before it quit starting again.

So I charged the battery, changed the fob batteries, spoke nicely to it, swore at it, called it a few Italian names, and finally got it to start; drove it immediately to the closest Alfa dealer and dropped it off for diagnostics and repair.

Was told it will be sep 13th before they can trouble shoot it at the earliest … but no later sep 20th. Ugh.

Wish it was more a exciting report … good thing my Giulia is a second car.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
My 2019 Ti developed a random “I am not starting for you” habit this week. Literally would not start randomly, even though all dash lights and other electrical devices worked fine. And then it would “fixe itself” for a day or so before it quit starting again.

So I charged the battery, changed the fob batteries, spoke nicely to it, swore at it, called it a few Italian names, and finally got it to start; drove it immediately to the closest Alfa dealer and dropped it off for diagnostics and repair.

Was told it will be sep 13th before they can trouble shoot it at the earliest … but no later sep 20th. Ugh.

Wish it was more a exciting report … good thing my Giulia is a second car.
Does it still have the factory battery? If so, it can be replaced under warranty with a MOPAR. I’ve had both of my Alfa’s swapped under warranty—the only issues I’ve had in over two years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good to know. Also pretty sure the car still has the original battery. I just bought it last Monday after it sat on a lot for 28 days (according to Car Guru). So it may just be the battery. The Chrysler dealer where I bought it won’t touch it due to the fact it’s under factory warranty. So after discussion with the selling dealer, I think they may credit me a month of depreciation because the Alfa dealer is small and can’t commit to working on it for a few weeks. I love the car so I am pretty bummed about not having it.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV
19 Posts
Just a few odds and ends.

Did some touch up paint work using Doctor color chip today

Yesterday polished the black window trim, coated it with Gtechniq C4 and coated front grills with the same. Installed puddle lights.

Friday cleaned the Alcantara on steering wheel with Sonax.

Last week disabled the auto start/stop function and added the Squadra exhaust valve ESC module. Also replaced some missing hardware under the diffuser.

Ordered some BC forged summer wheels (19x9/19x10.5) and Alpin PA4s for the winter going on the 5 holes.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
689 Posts
Replaced my starter relay today as my car refused to start for me yesterday. Thankfully I had the new revision relay on hand already.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
689 Posts
Thanks for the info. Any DIY instructions or tips to share?
I saw location picture here. However, my Giulia had the 3 sets of relays going across the wheel well, not down the side of it. I also do not have that nice access panel.

PN: 6106094AA

Here is what I did:
  1. Turn wheel to the left
  2. On passenger side, remove 5 fender liner screws (4 on side, 1 underneath)
  3. Remove far left relay holder (2 little tabs hold it in place, just pinch them in while pulling out on the relay holder)
  4. Replace first relay (same one indicated in link I shared above)
  5. Put relay holder back in place
  6. Reinstall fender liner
  7. Done.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I saw location picture here. However, my Giulia had the 3 sets of relays going across the wheel well, not down the side of it. I also do not have that nice access panel.

PN: 6106094AA

Here is what I did:
  1. Turn wheel to the left
  2. Remove 5 fender liner screws (4 on side, 1 underneath)
  3. Remove far left relay holder (2 little tabs hold it in place, just pinch them in while pulling out on the relay holder)
  4. Replace first relay (same one indicated in link I shared above)
  5. Put relay holder back in place
  6. Reinstall fender liner
  7. Done.
Thanks a lot. Very useful.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
689 Posts
Installed Bridgestone Potenza RE71R 245/40. Got a great deal on them because closeout at tire rack. This is step 1 of prepping my car for track weekend coming up.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,112 Posts
Did these replace the factory run flats? Big difference in how the car handles?
Those are much stickier and overall better tires. Not runflats. They will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
689 Posts
Nice, I really want to replace my fun flats. Next on my list :)
Yeah these are waaaay better, but are very much a warm weather tire. I will be putting my run flat all seasons back on before winter. I have 2 track weekends coming up which is why I decided to get these for now. These are also 200tw tires, a very soft 200tw, so you will not get a lot of life out of them.

1581 - 1600 of 1631 Posts