Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1561 - 1580 of 1631 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce (MY19) - 1973 C110 Skyline - 1977 Datsun 810 SSS - 1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
302 Posts
I hate black cars but Damn!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Found a place and appropriate size to add the Alfa Shamrock without seeming to pose my Ti as a Quad. Technically illegal, but really not concerned. 😂 Thoughts?
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font Rectangle Wall

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,583 Posts
Drove over a pair of scissors on the freeway, now have a hole in my right rear wheel well liner and a tire that is losing air (about 1 PSI/minute). Had to stop twice on the way home at gas stations to pump the tire up to 48PSI.

At least the TPMS alerted me that there was a problem. OTOH, the TPMS said that the left front was in trouble, when it was the right rear. Always carry a pressure gauge.

Will find out if the tire is repairable tomorrow (hopefully, assumes that my favorite tire shop can take my car immediately). In the meantime, the car has a floor jack under the right rear, lest I not be able to get the jack under the car in the morning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I bought a 2019 Ti Q4 today; only has 12,030 miles; it's black metallic with a white leather interior; it has a leather dash and upper doors; black out on all chrome and black wheels. Named in 'Bullet' after Roy's dog in the Roy Rodgers show (I am 65 but have a 30 yr old mind and heart!) Very happy. Love the car. Looking forward to hearing more about everyone's owner experiences.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Drove over a pair of scissors on the freeway, now have a hole in my right rear wheel well liner and a tire that is losing air (about 1 PSI/minute). Had to stop twice on the way home at gas stations to pump the tire up to 48PSI.

At least the TPMS alerted me that there was a problem. OTOH, the TPMS said that the left front was in trouble, when it was the right rear. Always carry a pressure gauge.

Will find out if the tire is repairable tomorrow (hopefully, assumes that my favorite tire shop can take my car immediately). In the meantime, the car has a floor jack under the right rear, lest I not be able to get the jack under the car in the morning.
My tire store of choice says "multiple punctures next to each other, not repairable." Also Michelin A/S 3+ 245 35R19: no-longer available. So I guess I am getting a full set of Michelin A/S 4 and finding out if they are any good. My tires had ~5000 miles worth of rubber remaining (out of ~15000/miles per set that I was averaging), so not as terrible as it sounds; still annoying and a really expensive flat tire.

This was my first on-road flat since 1982.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My tire store of choice says "multiple punctures next to each other, not repairable." Also Michelin A/S 3+ 245 35R19: no-longer available. So I guess I am getting a full set of Michelin A/S 4 and finding out if they are any good. My tires had ~5000 miles worth of rubber remaining (out of ~15000/miles per set that I was averaging), so not as terrible as it sounds; still annoying and a really expensive flat tire.

This was my first on-road flat since 1982.
Pretty sure that 245 40 19 will fit. They are .6" larger in diameter and .7" wider. Also pretty sure that Conti Xteme Contacts and Mich Pilot Sports come in this size. This size is my next tire size to give a little better ride and resistance to pothole damage. I had Conti's on my old 535 GT and loved them.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Pretty sure that 245 40 19 will fit. They are .6" larger in diameter and .7" wider. Also pretty sure that Conti Xteme Contacts and Mich Pilot Sports come in this size. This size is my next tire size to give a little better ride and resistance to pothole damage. I had Conti's on my old 535 GT and loved them.
My winter set is 245 40R19. They add weight and sway, not really what I want. PS4S are available in 245 35R19, but they do not work in the freezing temps that I often drive in.

Forecast starting today not quite freezing, but it soon will be:

Should I want to drive into town, where the daily temperature swing can be a little extreme:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good comment about the weight and sway. I am new to driving a guilia and these nuances are not yet familiar. Appreciate your sharing your thoughts ... might save me a bad tire decision.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks great! Appears in the photos to be lowered a little? Is this the case?

Also, I am thinking of putting a little more tire between my butt and the road by putting 27" dia Conti's on ... 225 x 45 x 19 on the front and 255 x 40 x 19 on the back. Do you know if this type of change is contained in any other threads?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,112 Posts
Looks great! Appears in the photos to be lowered a little? Is this the case?

Also, I am thinking of putting a little more tire between my butt and the road by putting 27" dia Conti's on ... 225 x 45 x 19 on the front and 255 x 40 x 19 on the back. Do you know if this type of change is contained in any other threads?
You'll probably rub on the front fender liner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Giulia wouldn’t start yesterday leaving from work had to get AAA to jump start it. It’s now at the dealer having it checked out they may have to replace the battery. Ugh.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Veloce Ti, 2015 4C LE, 1998 916 GTV Spider, 2019 Civic Type R
116 Posts
We had our first drive of the 21/22 Season, so took the Giulia and the 4C.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Clay barred and polished up all the resprayed parts last night. Got up early enough for cooler temps. Ceramic coated the front/rear fascia, rocker panel and QV rims. I finally got the lip spoiler on so I can protect the new paint underneath. Even if it breaks, I can cut it down and use it as under armor.

1561 - 1580 of 1631 Posts