Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1481 - 1500 of 1531 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,894 Posts
A video editor I am not! But making some small progress. A picture in a picture!

Nice!!

Now you need Harry's Laptimer Pro for them sweet telemetry overlays!!
:D

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,894 Posts
What are you using for a mount and camera? It's very stable and smooth without the weird rubbery software stabilization.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Washed it, and found...

A missing lug bolt. Thanks discount tire. Checked in everything with a torque wrench, none were loose, per se, but maybe 3/24 were torqued to 80 ftlb. Here's hoping the dealer has lug bolts.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,927 Posts
Trusting or Reckless?

I was driving south on Woodward Avenue this evening, sharing the road with, among other vehicles, a black Giulia purchased or leased from Golling. He or she had zoomed ahead and was all but stopped at a light and darted into my path when it turned green. I kind of anticipated the move, so was ready (as was my Giullia). I expressed my opinion of their move with my high beams. They continued toward Birmingham while I peeled off in another direction. Not a nice nice way to treat a fellow Alfa driver. Maybe they moved from a BMW and haven't gotten the red haze out of their system yet.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,927 Posts
Washed it, and found...

View attachment 112616

A missing lug bolt. Thanks discount tire. Checked in everything with a torque wrench, none were loose, per se, but maybe 3/24 were torqued to 80 ftlb. Here's hoping the dealer has lug bolts.
How long do you think it had been like that?

·
Registered
473 Posts
What did I do to my Giulia today… nothing, which is just like the last two months. I barely got it running after the dealership fiasco (still ongoing) before sending it in to a body shop. The “10 day job” has been going on five weeks! The wait has been mostly over getting clips and a front fascia replacement. I finally saw the body shop move the Alfa yesterday.

Fingers crossed… hopefully it’ll be done early next week. The warranty ends next week too. Do I unload it while it’s stock or try to rekindle my love for it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Added MY20 shifter to complete the interior facelift project :cool:

View attachment 112634
Where did you get it?

As for me, installed a dashcam, love it, looks stock

The lever tool they include is dogshit, so I ordered a set of panel tools, easy peasy install after that.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
241 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Very interesting..
I've been looking to get a dashcam. This looks slick.

How's the video? Smart phone for playback?
Video is 1600p I think, probably a way to change it, haven’t poked around in the settings. I’ll pull some video today and post it so you can see the quality.

There’s an app you use to connect to the device to view live video/download video, or you can just pop out the SD card.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Lusso Q4
16 Posts
Developed a proof of concept leather and seat deformation protector for the baby seat. Looked online and could only find soft plastic protector. Tried foam board first but it didn't do anything, moved on to this thin mdf type board. Am I the only one concerned with dents in the seats?

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Developed a proof of concept leather and seat deformation protector for the baby seat. Looked online and could only find soft plastic protector. Tried foam board first but it didn't do anything, moved on to this thin mdf type board. Am I the only one concerned with dents in the seats?
Back in the day when I had little ones I just used a thick bath towel that matched the seat color. Worked just fine.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Lusso Q4
16 Posts
Back in the day when I had little ones I just used a thick bath towel that matched the seat color. Worked just fine.
I thought a towel would be enough aswell but when I tried the front latch still made a dent on the vertical seat, worst part is the dent is off center too so its very noticeable. Luckily I have been taking the car sear out to let it pop out in between reiterations so no permanent damage.

These hard boards seem to be working quite well, no deformations in the leather so far.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I thought a towel would be enough aswell but when I tried the front latch still made a dent on the vertical seat, worst part is the dent is off center too so its very noticeable. Luckily I have been taking the car sear out to let it pop out in between reiterations so no permanent damage.

These hard boards seem to be working quite well, no deformations in the leather so far.
For some reason parcel indentations in the back seat of the Giulia seem to last a long time

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,411 Posts
Installed new EBC yellow stuff brake pads, and put the OEM rotors back on (after a cleanup pass at the local brake shop) because new Ceika rotors are on backorder <sigh>.
3 out of 4 wear sensors were making contact.

If you push the rear caliper pistons back too far you end up with a huge amount of clearance between the new pads and the rotor (like 1/4 inch) and then when you do the initial brake set the brake-by-wire system decides you have a leak and it turns off fluid to 2 wheels. What fun <not>. MES was able to clear the error.

I thought replacing my abused Ceika rotors would clear the shuddering that the car has developed, but no luck. I am now more inclined to believe that my front hubs are cooked.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What are you using for a mount and camera? It's very stable and smooth without the weird rubbery software stabilization.
Two Go Pro 9s.

In car is a Ram mount attached to my passenger head rest post.

Exterior is a Go Pro mounted to roof of car right where it meats wind shield.

1481 - 1500 of 1531 Posts