Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1458 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Actually yesterday, had my new to me 2018 Quadrifolio QV (traded in my 2019 Giulia TI Sport Q4 on Saturday!) with 12,930 miles on the clock die on a small backroad approaching the crest of the hill. State Police came and kept me company while I waited for their tow. I called Alfa roadside assistance but their tow was over two hours so the police said you'll use ours. It threw a service Electronic Throttle Control then cut all power and came to a stop in the road. I had a bank on both sides so no place to ditch it. Then it was locked in Park as the motor would not restart. Luckily the flat bed driver has HF dollies which left a mark on each of the rear rims.
I got it home and checked voltage and I was down to 6 volts at the jumping posts under the hood and then at the battery. It looked like their was significant corrosion on the main + lead so I wiggled it around to see it that would help the connection and what do you know it started. Had the following codes P0560, P1DB1 and P068A all low voltage related. I cleared them and drove the car 35 miles to the dealership to drop it off. Hopefully they'll fix the real issue and I'll get it back soon. Now I have to deal w Alfa Care to pay my tow bill then the towing company for the damage to the wheels and front spoiler. But some how I still love it!
Sorry about this! Best of luck.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
541 Posts
Not me, but was with family over the weekend and my niece did this today with her razor scooter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today I moved mine out of the garage to take my 115 series 2 spider out for a run after extensive rebuild work. Good to have the ‘72 back on the road. Then I mover the Giulia back in garage. Guess it was more a spider day

·
Registered
395 Posts
I ummed and ahhed for ages before deciding to install CF front splitter. I think the light colour Veloces need some more dark down there. Like it but would have preferred something a bit less fancy. Overall(y).
I've been wondering how well these protect the underside? I had to low of a profile tire until recently and that resulted in a lot of scrape damage. I just had the front bumper replaced and resprayed... I'm wondering if I should get something like this for additional protection.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've been wondering how well these protect the underside? I had to low of a profile tire until recently and that resulted in a lot of scrape damage. I just had the front bumper replaced and resprayed... I'm wondering if I should get something like this for additional protection.
Just an opinion but it seems like all a splitter would do is bring the car’s contact area even closer to the ground. I have seen other cars where the aftermarket splitter would scrape and then tear up the bumper it was attached to.

You could consider sliplo which I bought but returned as the fitment looked weird to me.

I do have Xpel, however, and that has helped.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Installed the S/S defeat link so I no longer have my wife tell me what a PITA it is to remembers to hit the disable button after start up. Yesterday installed a full set of Weather tech floor and trunk/boot mats.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don’t really think it protects the underside. I just like the look. The low points at the front where I do get the scrapes are at the sides in front of the wheels. This model splitter does not extend that far to the sides. A couple of weekends ago I did place a layer of SlipLo across the front and again the sides have since been scraped ( now on the SlipLo) but not the splitter area. I am however concerned about the concrete blocks in car spaces, some of which can be unexpectedly high.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you mind sharing how you got this to work ? Surely you had a dealer involved here to sync the proxy?
The shifter was already flashed by the seller before it was shipped out to me. That being said, if you buy a brand new one, it probably won't work. There was no dealer involved in the swap.
Other than proxy alignment, was it just plug and play?
Yes, it was just plug and play. Took me roughly 10 minutes to finish the swap.

Reactions: TedO
1421 - 1440 of 1458 Posts