Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1361 - 1374 of 1374 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Damaged a hidden piece of my carbon splitter underneath the car 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Must have ran over a pot hole or something. Can’t see the damage from the front and the whole splitter with the two main bolts seem to be intact and on the car tight.

The piece attaching to a small screw on the passenger side is damaged but does not seem to hold the main piece intact.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Damaged a hidden piece of my carbon splitter underneath the car 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Must have ran over a pot hole or something. Can’t see the damage from the front and the whole splitter with the two main bolts seem to be intact and on the car tight. The piece attaching to a small screw on the passenger side is damaged but does not seem to hold the main piece intact.
Sorry to hear. While my car was being serviced last weekend , the SA told me that they had a quad in for the splitter replacement. She said it was about $9k however, others here have said it's closer to $2k. How bad is the damage? Will it require full replacement.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to hear. While my car was being serviced last weekend , the SA told me that they had a quad in for the splitter replacement. She said it was about $9k however, others here have said it's closer to $2k. How bad is the damage? Will it require full replacement.
You can’t see it, it’s all underneath. Essentially the damage is past the two main bolts that hold the splitter on. There is a large scrap and small tear where the right most small screw goes, similar to the pic attached posted by another forum member.

I really think it will hold up, you can’t tell until you go under the car. The two main bolts are on tight and this small piece with the many screws seemed subsidiary to the whole piece, my theory anyway.

OEM part is like 2800, someone in Canada hand makes these for like 1400 and another forum member used them and it fits perfect like OEM.

Body shop can install for like 300 I think.

here is also a pic of the whole piece from this forum for perspective.

But I think it will hold up, maybe for years....

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Why put a part that is so susceptible to damage down there? The quad is a great machine but how many of them get driven in a way where this makes that much of a difference.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why put a part that is so susceptible to damage down there? The quad is a great machine but how many of them get driven in a way where this makes that much of a difference.
I hear you LOL, the funny thing is, my wife and I were pulled over at a light and when the light turned green we just started slowly moving behind another car and I think we may hit a pothole or something on the road, when it happened we were not even going over 10 miles an hour...

oh well, really need to position myself to look out for objects and potholes all the time, but this happened at night.. so we need to be extra careful at night...

I live in Philly, the roads are horrendous 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
I installed a version 9.0 CSWM (bought used off ebay for cheap) in my 2017, and changed byte 74 to AB. Originally it was A2. Did the proxi and I now have a disabled easy exit option! This was a pain when I was putting kids in my car. Turn car on, hit memory seat button and then install kid. Glad that is now no longer an issue.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the auto-on driver comfort options? I was hoping that option would appear as well, but it is not.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport 2020 Stelvio Sport
10 Posts
Swapped carbon fiber roof spoiler for a different style and took her a bath.
1F314A83-1F62-46FE-979D-34922C2C3D61.png

·
Registered
317 Posts
Got rid of clunk in front end!!!!
Used my apple ear pods to isolate source. Left front lower leading brake/thrust arm. Ball joint bad at 40k?? Pita bc Q4 w front axle in the way.
1 hour vs 2.5
I’m curious what you mean by, “Used my apple ear pods to isolate source”. Care to elaborate?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Took my Giulia on a Tracknight in America event today. She was fantastic. Ran in the intermediate category and had a blast. Passed many a Bimmer and even a couple of vettes in addition to many others. Many compliments on how she took the corners as well as how she pulled away form others in the straights. Admittedly running RE-71's, so lots of traction help. Also running a Eurocompulsion P2 tune with V2 intake and SS exhaust. Did get passed by one vette and a souped up and flared M2 that had brought its own track tires in a trailer. But if I had to guess, either of those drivers would have done even better in the Giulia... she was probably let down by my skills more than anything.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I’m curious what you mean by, “Used my apple ear pods to isolate source”. Care to elaborate?
Sure..there’s a tool techs utilize called chassis ears..wireless or wired microphones that one places on various component in order to isolate and pinpoint source of noises. Well, I figure my AirPods are just that. I taped my pod to control arm, called my daughters phone and listened on her phone while driving. Started by using both pods; one on each suspected components. When u have a clunk, it’s really obvious over the pod. Process of elimination moving the pods around until it’s audibly obvious what component has failed. Purchased arm for $100 on eBay vs $600 from “stealer”. Figured I saved approx $1300 as dealer wanted $250 diag $600 arm $500 r&r +tax. 🙃👌🇮🇹🙏

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sure..there’s a tool techs utilize called chassis ears..wireless or wired microphones that one places on various component in order to isolate and pinpoint source of noises. Well, I figure my AirPods are just that. I taped my pod to control arm, called my daughters phone and listened on her phone while driving. Started by using both pods; one on each suspected components. When u have a clunk, it’s really obvious over the pod. Process of elimination moving the pods around until it’s audibly obvious what component has failed. Purchased arm for $100 on eBay vs $600 from “stealer”. Figured I saved approx $1300 as dealer wanted $250 diag $600 arm $500 r&r +tax. 🙃👌🇮🇹🙏
Very cool! Thanks so much for the detailed info!!!

1361 - 1374 of 1374 Posts