Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1374 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,525 Posts
How did you do it? I thought the seatbelt chime cannot be turned off.
You can turn off the unfastened seatbelt chime, but not the start up seatbelt chime. Use Multi ECU scan (MES)

Reactions: Callisto

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shoved in some QV springs in my 2.0, the rears only from Centerline as to get a baseline on ride height. Quarter lip 26.5” and looks good. As I don’t appreciate slammed or much rake, will add 1/4 shim up front. Tires slightly higher in profile so drop looks greater but actual ride height not reduced as much
[/QUO

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shoved in some QV springs in my 2.0, the rears only from Centerline as to get a baseline on ride height. Quarter lip 26.5” and looks good. As I don’t appreciate slammed or much rake, will add 1/4 shim up front. Tires slightly higher in profile so drop looks greater but actual ride height not reduced as much

·
Registered
382 Posts
You can turn off the unfastened seatbelt chime, but not the start up seatbelt chime. Use Multi ECU scan (MES)
Correct, initial chimes still there to remind u that u started the car!! Lol
but they go away and stay away. Love it for short hops in town.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Finished tossing in the fronts.. was thinking I needEd a shim but the centerline QV front springs being a bit stiffer and my Q4 engine a bit lighter, drop was only 3/4“ drop. I did want less rake and absolutely no slammed look. I hope they settle 1/4” but kinda doubt it. Overall happy but need to put some miles on and see how they perform. Overall not too stiff and no jarring action. Kinda pita job being Q4 and active. Get this...3 of the 4 brand new factory nuts I ordered would not thread on...?? F..n defective shyt. Bolts were fine. Just more weirdness from Alfa

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,525 Posts
Finished tossing in the fronts.. was thinking I needEd a shim but the centerline QV front springs being a bit stiffer and my Q4 engine a bit lighter, drop was only 3/4“ drop. I did want less rake and absolutely no slammed look. I hope they settle 1/4” but kinda doubt it. Overall happy but need to put some miles on and see how they perform. Overall not too stiff and no jarring action. Kinda pita job being Q4 and active. Get this...3 of the 4 brand new factory nuts I ordered would not thread on...?? F..n defective shyt. Bolts were fine. Just more weirdness from Alfa
Can you measure from hub center to top of fender arch? That will rule out wheel / tire differences. I would love more spring rate but not too much drop on my Q4.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Can you measure from hub center to top of fender arch? That will rule out wheel / tire differences. I would love more spring rate but not too much drop on my Q4.
Ok but will hammer it for few days. Wishing it drops 1/4” but it won’t. 🥴🤣🇮🇹🙏😩

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
320 Posts
Correct, initial chimes still there to remind u that u started the car!! Lol
but they go away and stay away. Love it for short hops in town.
First two things I did after getting MES was turning off the seat belt alarm and turned up the brightness on the rear camera.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi JeFizz
I measured 14 1/4” as requested.
How does this compare to yours? I would like to try oem qv front springs for kicks but don’t feel like doing the job again let alone twice more if I didn’t like it. As for now, the centerline springs feel good. My only res is perhaps too little drop in front solely based on visual but need camber readings to make final determinations bc excessive negative camber wear on tires sucks especially in conjunction with excessively bottoming out.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The last two weekends I have gone full on obsessive compulsive to eliminate random noises. I have taken off 3 door trims and one complete B pillar trim. One rubber window strip in drivers door was loose. There were also assorted light tapping noises coming from I didn’t know where. Giulias use some brilliant clips ( though hard to get off) but they can sit a little loose in their “cradles”. I found a little Teflon plumbers tape gives them a snugger fit and quietens thing down significantly. Do NOT try this unless you have some spare clips as some WILL break. Preferably a hot day is also recommended. Much happier.
PS I also added a little sound deadener in the door panels. All this helped the stereo sound quality as a bonus!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Performed an air filter change on my QV, switched to the sprint filter, very simple install.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,083 Posts
Changed engine oil yesterday.
Changed LSD fluid today. Only 5000 miles on the diff, see picture of drained oil below.
Installed the rear suspension sensor, step one of getting headlight autolevel working. I've been working on this for nearly 2 years. The rear requires drilling and tapping two holes in the right lower suspension arm. The correct bracket may vary with production date and model in use (I have a Sept 2017 built NAFTA spec MY2018 Q4 with performance pack). The front requires tapping an existing suspension hole, plus modifying the sensor mounting bracket. It appears that the NAFTA front cross member is not really designed to allow for mounting of the sensor bracket.
Installed the front suspension sensor. Had to thread an existing hole in the front cross member, then cut off the stud on the bracket and drill a hole through the welded on head of the stud. With that done it bolted together AOK. The only issue was that the dirty electrical connector for the sensor module really did not want to go on, and I had to put silicone lube on the rubber seal to get it to click together. Note that I got all of the parts for this project from @Alfissimo .

Now for the bad news: both sensors are producing non-sense and inconsistent readings. On a range of 0-2.5V, the rear sensor is signalling 2.56V and the front is signaling 0.54V. The auto level will not calibrate because of the crazy and inconsistent readings. Maybe the rear sensor ground is faulty? I guess I need to take the link(s) loose and see if moving the sensor arm changes the reading.

Attachments

1321 - 1340 of 1374 Posts