Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1188 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4
359 Posts
I put in 2 gallons of E-85 and 13.3 of Shell Vpower 92 Octane for a 19.8% (E20) mix correlating to 94 octane.

I can’t wait for the ECU to learn and adjust to the higher octane (even if it maxes at 93 it’s still an improvement over 92). Even on the 35 mile drive home in the rain I could notice extra punch. I also filled a 5 gallon canister so I won’t have to drive up there every week.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Decided to perform a little garage clean up and take a look under the bonnet for good measure...

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I noticed that.... May be the authorities could homologate small license plates like the ones we have in Europe.
To the contrary. Hopefully standardize all 50 states to not use front license plates. A 50% savings sustainability effort in the states that currently use 2 licence plates and also, avoid killing the fascias of the cars.

·
Registered
554 Posts
To the contrary. Hopefully standardize all 50 states to not use front license plates. A 50% savings sustainability effort in the states that currently use 2 licence plates and also, avoid killing the fascias of the cars.
I 110% agree with that. I've had the debate before about front license plates, and I still absolutely believe that they are pointless. There are extremely few instances when a front license plate would be visible with no chance of seeing the rear, when the inverse is not true.

In other news, starting something on my car I've been very excited to get done for a while...

·
Registered
34 Posts
But having a front license plate is very useful when you park in a private parking where you pay a monthly fee to park. The camera recognizes your plate number and voila the barrier opens. And I don't think that a small plate kills cars' fascias....

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
But having a front license plate is very useful when you park in a private parking where you pay a monthly fee to park. The camera recognizes your plate number and voila the barrier opens. And I don't think that a small plate kills cars' fascias....
The few people in the US that have that parking arrangement usually have a remote.
Front plate is so ugly... especially on the Giulia where there's not a clear spot for it

·
Registered
416 Posts
I 110% agree with that. I've had the debate before about front license plates, and I still absolutely believe that they are pointless. There are extremely few instances when a front license plate would be visible with no chance of seeing the rear, when the inverse is not true.

In other news, starting something on my car I've been very excited to get done for a while...

View attachment 105590
That white GT on the left is no slouch either. A double blessing .

·
Registered
554 Posts
That white GT on the left is no slouch either. A double blessing .
Eh, I've never been a big Mustang fan. The only ones that interest me are the special ones, like any of the ones Carroll Shelby had a hand in, or the GT350 with the flat-plane V8.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts

View attachment 105590
Mr. Wizard, do tell us more about that hood.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The few people in the US that have that parking arrangement usually have a remote.
Front plate is so ugly... especially on the Giulia where there's not a clear spot for it
I'm talking about a public/private parking with hundreds of parking places where you pay a kind of subscription. No need to have a remote and better not to have one. I think that Giulia is always beautiful!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
506 Posts
I'm talking about a public/private parking with hundreds of parking places where you pay a kind of subscription. No need to have a remote and better not to have one. I think that Giulia is always beautiful!
Luckily, most people over here don't have subscription parking.

Michigan does not have a front plate so I don't have to worry about it.

Ohio recently got rid of their front plates.

Besides looking horrible, I wonder if they have any adverse impact on fuel economy?

1141 - 1160 of 1188 Posts