Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 2052 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts

I guess this is my thread now... anyway, I put on taillight film to protect the plastic from the sun. I’m not a professional, but the results are pretty good despite installing them in 110 degree heat. I wish I would have gone with a lighter smoked look though. The rear looks like a storm trooper now.

I’m waiting on replacements for the headlight film to show up (the heat damaged them during shipping). I also have the start/stop disable arriving soon and some under hood bits. Unfortunately, it looks like AZ has a week of 115 weather ahead of us. Those projects will have to wait for a bit.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I went to the Chatham post office. On the way a Honda Pilot decided to tail me. Not long.

Then I went to Staples to buy #2 pencils for an upcoming SAT subject test. Not mine.

Then I drove to an ice cream place in New Providence.

Then I drove home.

Reactions: MColon89

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I didn't do anything with it today. Daughter ran away with it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wow... what a couple of days. I keep trying to fit work in around the heat here in AZ. Yesterday and today were the coolest temps we've had in months... and we're expected to go back to the 110s (40c) tomorrow again. I decided to get the brake job, spark plug swap, headlight film and so on done. But this damn Italian ….

The first thing that could go wrong was testing the BMS system for the E-brake release. Turns out, my garage is too damn small to work on this thing. The parking sensors kept the Alfa thinking it was in motion and wouldn't release the brake. So that lead to a write up on the forum this morning after I fixed it.

Next was the headlight protectant. I'd ordered it mid July for my B-day, but the first shipment arrived damaged. I managed to get them to replace it after a long fight. The replacement arrived damaged again. I wound up documenting everything for the BBB complaint I had to file, but hopefully they'll take care of it again.

So, what did I get done. Wheel spacers. That's it. I'd been looking at some of my old rides and liked how the aftermarket rims filled out the wheels better, but I really like the factory 18s. Alfisimmo had a sale on the front 7mm and I went w/ 15mm in the rear. I decided to leave the brakes and plugs till much cooler weather arrives.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
768 Posts
Rich,
I'm old school, been a Griot's customer since they started. Have continually changed products as they've developed new ones. Currently using Best of Show Wash and Wax, and their Poly Wax. Thinking about switching to Ceramic in the future. What do you use?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Finally got the headlights covered. I was just trying to use a gift card that wasn’t working at different places when I came across a place that sold pre cut film. The card worked there but what a headache. Long story short, the product sucked and it took them two months to refund me. I still had the bug in me to get it done though. Cost was $12 when going w/ the VVivid film. Much easier product to install correctly.

1081 - 1100 of 2052 Posts