Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
2121 - 2140 of 2156 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its legal in 3 states to purchase, California, Arizona, and Michigan. However they are legal to have on cars across the US.

Basically it eInk, like an Amazon Kindle or other eReader. So yes, it stays on 24/7. There are two versions, the Battery version, which I have, is cheaper...the battery lasts 4 years and is warrantied for the 4 years. The wired one is more expensive and requires you pay for installation, it's not DIY like the battery vers.

The Reviver app allows you to change it from white with black letters to black with white letters and as you can see you can customize the banner. Also, you can renew your reg via the app.
that's brilliant - I would think bad guys will hack it to change the numbers or turn it off while driving near speed or red light cams.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Q2 (Alfa White)
156 Posts
It's not connected all the time. It's Bluetooth capable, but only to your app. I suppose they could tho.
You can't actually turn it off, but I guess a hacker could modify it. One feature I like is If it's stolen or if your car is stolen you can have STOLEN displayed...but you also get an alert if it's removed.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts
It's not connected all the time. It's Bluetooth capable, but only to your app. I suppose they could tho.
You can't actually turn it off, but I guess a hacker could modify it. One feature I like is If it's stolen or if your car is stolen you can have STOLEN displayed...but you also get an alert if it's removed.
How would you change it, via BT, if it's not there anymore?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Q2 (Alfa White)
156 Posts
How would you change it, via BT, if it's not there anymore?

Good question, I am assuming Reviver could do it. Although, in order to remove it from the car, you have to remove it from the frame, then remove the frame from the normal license plate screw points. Once the actual RPlate is removed from the plate, it sends an alert to the app. So that would suggest there is some kind of constant connection to Reviver's severs...

·
Registered
2021 Ti Q4 Alfa Rosso
268 Posts
Installed the Seletron Pedal Booster on my machine! Definitely works as advertised. The pedal is noticeably more responsive, and it's helping me get around that lag and weird ECU "thinking" delay, I like it a lot. Car feels faster/more fun too when accelerating, due to the changed throttle 😁 IIRC Saab actually used this trick to overcome turbo lag on their 9-3 Viggen, so it is nice to be able to do the same on the Giulia!

Currently I have set it to 18% while I adapt to the increased responsiveness, which feels like a nice OEM+ setting, but I'm curious as to the other modes...better find an empty stretch of road.

Motor vehicle Grey Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle door

Car Vehicle White Motor vehicle Gear shift

·
Registered
99 Posts
Game my giulia a clean sling with the wife’s giuletta !
Added some new decals to mine , but need to get some new vinyl to remake them
Also chased after a strange heater problem which I have made better but not got rid off

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Share what you did today with the Alfa Romeo Giulia community!

Example: Pick up the Giula from my local dealership and went straight to a detailer to apply paint protection.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Taking her for a nice spirited cruise on Mulholland Drive. Can't wait!

Anything goes!
I washed my baby today!!!!!
she looks as good now and they day I picked her up!
Speedometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Speedometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

2121 - 2140 of 2156 Posts