Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
2101 - 2120 of 2154 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,389 Posts
Cleaned out the little storage cubby in the trunk under the floor because the can of Fix-a-Flat leaked. Completely soaked the following items...

Owners manual
OBD USB dongle
Blue and grey OBD cables
Bag of fuses
Rags
Plastic bag

It was sticky and moldy, and really pissed me off.

BTW, I park inside and cannot remember when I would have parked outside long enough for the trunk to get hot enough to cause the can to rupture.
Was it expired? Mine expired and I replaced the can.

My car was built 7/17 and the can expired 2/22. The new can I got expires 8/24 only :(

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts
Was it expired? Mine expired and I replaced the can.

My car was built 7/17 and the can expired 2/22. The new can I got expires 8/24 only :(
No idea, it was 2 years old.

• Sad
Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
792 Posts
Cleaned out the little storage cubby in the trunk under the floor because the can of Fix-a-Flat leaked.
You're lucky the mess was confined to the storage cubby. I once had a can of Fix-a-Flat explode in the underfloor storage area of a Honda CRV. But it wasn't content to remain under the floor; it actually blew up and out into the cargo area. All over the left side panel, left window, and rear window. Had to remove it with lacquer thinner. My fault because the can was at least 10 years old; had been carrying it for years without needing it.

• Sad
Reactions: JeFizz

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
1,070 Posts
Rebuilt my front calipers (dust boots were cooked, but seals were fine), installed Tarox braided brake lines, installed my Raybestos ST-43 pads along with Alfissimo's Pyroclast brake heat shields, flushed system and filled with Motul RBF 700, and adjusted my exhaust (wasn't perfectly even in the bumper and I rotated my v-bands after I took the pics). Now I need to really give her a wash.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Crankset Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts

·
Registered
MY18 Quadrifoglio
239 Posts
Interesting concept! Never heard of this.

Would you be willing to share a Where To Buy link?
Link to the vent holder and/or gauge?
Bought the gauge from MAPerformance.

Boost sender I bought was the Forge kit Madness sells. Not sure the difference in size for the OEM MAP sensor between the QV and 2.0 models but it might work for you if interested.

Gauge pod I made using a vent from eBay.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts
Reactions: Saxman

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Q2 (Alfa White)
156 Posts
Interesting. Are those legal? and does it stay on when the car is off..
Its legal in 3 states to purchase, California, Arizona, and Michigan. However they are legal to have on cars across the US.

Basically it eInk, like an Amazon Kindle or other eReader. So yes, it stays on 24/7. There are two versions, the Battery version, which I have, is cheaper...the battery lasts 4 years and is warrantied for the 4 years. The wired one is more expensive and requires you pay for installation, it's not DIY like the battery vers.

The Reviver app allows you to change it from white with black letters to black with white letters and as you can see you can customize the banner. Also, you can renew your reg via the app.

2101 - 2120 of 2154 Posts