Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
2041 - 2050 of 2050 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,253 Posts
Not for the car but for me. I finally upgraded to an enhanced driver's license and best of all, retook my vision test and got my corrective lens's restriction removed 🥳

·
Registered
MY18 Quadrifoglio
200 Posts
It's so interesting to watch an expert do their own car. Can you tell us the "why" as well?
I assume the why is regarding disassembly. The simple answer.. PPF is made to protect, not be noticed. That is why we follow this process among other steps before laying any film. The bumper, headlights, fender badges and vents are removed to make sure all panel edges are wrapped on the QV. If I was covering the whole doors, the mirrors would come out along with the door handles. I'm installing a track pack so that covers the lower doors and rockers. Along with mirror caps, A pillars, and portions of the rear bumper behind the wheels. I'll also cover the roof for peace of mind.

The disassembly also helps to limit concern for a customer who uses an automatic car wash and potentially lifting film. It also eliminates dirt collecting on the edge of the film and then becoming noticable. This is especially the case on light colored vehicles. Which then requires a visit back to the installer for a trim, I'm not a barber. 😉

We treat all vehicles the same, as if they were our own to make sure complete coverage is damn near achieved. We just finished up a full stealth (matte) PPF coverage on a new Audi E-Tron GT. I felt like it was my baby by the time we were done with the amount of time, work, and care spent on it.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: migliori

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
What springs did you choose?

Took the headlights out and pulled the vents in the fenders. PPF install in the morning.

View attachment 130849
Did you notice that the side vents on the fenders are not "vents" but just some decoration parts on the fenders?. Do they pop out easily and are they a single part, going in position by clips or something like that?.

·
Registered
MY18 Quadrifoglio
200 Posts
Did you notice that the side vents on the fenders are not "vents" but just some decoration parts on the fenders?. Do they pop out easily and are they a single part, going in position by clips or something like that?.
Yes they are for style only and not functional. They are held in with pressure clips that can be reached once you move the fender liners out of the way.

Reactions: Giuliano

·
Registered
85 Posts
Going to attempt to swap a couple of relays over shortly as I’m getting aux pump control fault codes showing!
Really not good when the temp is pushing high thirties in the south of France and I have a three hundred mile trip north to do on Monday
Should be fun doing it in a holiday rental with minimal tools !

2041 - 2050 of 2050 Posts