Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Speaking of McLarens, one day coming back from Alice's on 280 south a guy in a McLaren came up behind me, then drove around and gave me a big thumbs up as he passed. I guess he liked the QF...
my next car is a 570. There down to $120k. performance bargain. I was rolling with one on I-95 one night. Yea it was a massacre. He took me to gapplebees. But he loved the QV also.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
268 Posts
my next car is a 570. There down to $120k. performance bargain. I was rolling with one on I-95 one night. Yea it was a massacre. He took me to gapplebees. But he loved the QV also.
Yeah, I’m willing to bet that just as there is no such thing as a cheap Ferrari there is no such thing as a cheap McLaren...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yeah, I’m willing to bet that just as there is no such thing as a cheap Ferrari there is no such thing as a cheap McLaren...
ferrari is definitely more reliable than mclaren but you’re 100% right. Honestly can same the same for the QV. in the end it’s what headache do you prefer.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
120 new or used?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My good friend is selling his highly tuned, legendary Litchfield Stage 5 , 775 bhp 2015 GTR and buying a newish facelifted GTR. That thing just eats anything that comes even close to sniffing distance. Epic car.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
used. Low miles. Plenty in Florida for sale. I’m gonna DME tune it anyway.
your talking 570s...don't see many 570GT at around 120k..though if your looking for a slightly more "raw" car the S is for you....believe it or not the GT is a car you could road trip in...if you send your luggage on ahead of you :p
the steering on the S is a bit sharper, car is a little more nervous, in a good way, not a Holy Shit way.
either way you won't see yourself coming and going for sure!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Yesterday I was at a stoplight. BMW M3...probably a 2016 looking at the body style...comes up and revs. I hit the accelerator at the light change and smoked him. He did catch up but it was too late for him to overtake. Yeah, he's likely faster but I got the jump and we hit traffic before he could claim victory. I win!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
your talking 570s...don't see many 570GT at around 120k..though if your looking for a slightly more "raw" car the S is for you....believe it or not the GT is a car you could road trip in...if you send your luggage on ahead of you :p
the steering on the S is a bit sharper, car is a little more nervous, in a good way, not a Holy Shit way.
either way you won't see yourself coming and going for sure!
always the S. Not a fan of the GT. Unless someone wants to give me one I’ll def take it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think that if you happen to notice drag radials on the back of a car, uh, you might be in a bit of trouble...LOL
My point being that there are more than a few GTRs making serious horsepower. That was an extreme example.

There were a couple guys on an old Audi S4 forum (Audizine) that bought GTRs (one guy built a crazy B5 S4 over a three year period, his forum name was Guruman—he owned Guru energy drinks). They both said how ridiculously easy it is to add HP to the GTR. With a few modes they were in the 750 range. So even non 2000 HP, non drag slick GTRs can handily gap a QV. But then again, I would take my QV any day over Godzilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
@Domex my comment had nothing to do with it being a GTR or otherwise. it was simply that if I run across a car and see that it is sporting drag radials, this car is set-up to run straight line fast! Have an acquaintance who used to have a Ford GT, there was NOTHING about the car that made it stand out, nothing, except his rear tires being drag radials. He had a Heffner TT and made over 1000hp...LOL...needless to say super cars that normally would give a GT a run where left with their jaws on the ground.
I am familiar with the GT-R platform in so much that I was very lucky to have a student driver I was instructing at a CCA event show up in a GREDDY GT-R about 10 years ago. the one and only time I ever drove a GT-R, much less a highly modified one. Was never a fan, but came away more than impressed at the poise & raw power of the car, heavy yes, but with all that extra power it handled it incredibly well and was a pleasure to drive. the internals can certainly handle the xtra juice...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,735 Posts
I've seen cars with slicks and wheelie bars on Detroit's Woodward Avenue. I didn't know they were legal for street use.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts