Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is your favorite music to listen to when cruising in the Giulia?

- I typically have SiriusXM set to "Chill" channel 53 about 80% of the time.

- On occasion, I listen to channel 33 "First Wave" during the day and then channel 51 "BPM" late at night.

- Past week I have been playing some music off my phone like...

Josh Butler - Got A Feeling (Bontan Remix)

Attachments

Reactions: cptwei

·
Registered
343 Posts
I flip around on SiriusXM between 80's, EDM, and Studio 54 channel. Now where it's gets eclectic, my iTunes! Windows down, sunroof open and radio up!

- Anaconda, Nicki Minaj
- Cake by the Ocean, DNCE
- Downtown, Macklemore & Lewis
- California Dreamin, Sia
- Only the Young, Journey
- You Don't Own Me, Grace feat G-Easy
- Wasted Time, Keith Urban

I think you get the picture. I work in radio, so I have a varied taste (and also spend time listening to the stations I am on)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I flip around on SiriusXM between 80's, EDM, and Studio 54 channel. Now where it's gets eclectic, my iTunes! Windows down, sunroof open and radio up!
Very Cool!

I use Spotify Premium when I don't have the radio on. I am all over the place with music too...like the other day, I was listening to Crystal Castles (Alice Glass days)!

I travel to Vegas a lot...I have a bunch of "Trader" friends out in Vegas and I used to have a home in The Lakes off West Sahara.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I travel to Vegas a lot...I have a bunch of "Trader" friends out in Vegas and I used to have a home in The Lakes off West Sahara.
Dude, no way!! I live in the Lakes...

Attachments

Reactions: FX_Hedge

·
Registered
236 Posts
On SiriusXM I pretty much stick with Alt Nation, occasionally EDM/Chill too!

However most of the time I use Spotify from my phone and listen to whatever I have at the moment. Interpol is my all time favorite, but recently I'm a little obsessed with some smaller foreign acts like Pastel Ghost and The Fin. (these songs are crazy good for night driving...)

Other stuff I like to listen to when driving include M83, Tame Impala, Silversun Pickups, Beach House, Royksopp, CHVRCHES (daughter's favorite). You get the picture, it's all over the place too :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dude, no way!! I live in the Lakes...
The Lakes is a great place to live...perfect location. I stay in Rancho Bel Air when I go to Vegas these days...staying at my relatives place.

I am actually going to be in Vegas this upcoming weekend...any Cars & Coffee event taking place?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On SiriusXM I pretty much stick with Alt Nation, occasionally EDM/Chill too!

However most of the time I use Spotify from my phone and listen to whatever I have at the moment. Interpol is my all time favorite, but recently I'm a little obsessed with some smaller foreign acts like Pastel Ghost and The Fin. (these songs are crazy good for night driving...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn2L9M7kfHE
"Pastel Ghost" Very cool...I am going to check them out!

I have to admit, I LOVED the movie "Drive" from back in 2011 and I listen to a MIX version of that soundtrack when cruising at night sometimes...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about New Order - Substance. Amazing with the Harmon Karden system. Also any Mozart piano concerto...
Yes indeed...I was also a huge fan of Joy Division and The Smith's back in the 80's.

(I graduated Prior Lake HS in 1982)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New Order is great! I'm very young in the 80's so I guess my taste was influenced by my parents; they listen to new wave nonstop. Love Eurythmics too.
I got really hooked on New Wave in college from 1982 to 1985 while attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach. If I could go back in time to those days...OMG it would be AMAZING!!!

Reactions: cptwei

·
Registered
249 Posts
My general taste is towards electronica which I use as an "umbrella" term since it can include DJs (Richard Durand, Above & Beyond, Tritonal, Aly & Fila, etc), New Wave (Depeche Mode, Erasure, Camouflage, New Order, T42, Cause & Effect, Neuropa, Iris, etc.), Industrial (Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Ministry, VNV Nation, Apop Berzerk, etc,) and Pop EDM (Tov Lo, Lorde, Justin Timberlake, etc.). I also love a lot of "alternative" - gawd I hate that term - music new and old: Morrissey, The Smiths, Keane, Tom Chaplin, Silversun Pickups, The Sundays, Cranberries, etc.) Grew up in the 80s so I love all that music as well.....really too much to list in this decade! I pretty much make my own playlists and listen to my USBs folder/albums.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,473 Posts
Finally got music loaded onto a USB last night and listened to what has become my "suite" for new cars. Some of them are left over from my days selling audio equipment.
• Steely Dan, Aja, "Black Cow" and "Aja"
• Eric Clapton, August, "Run"
• Rolling Stones, Undercover, "Undercover of the Night"
• Purple Sound Music (Jacques Alexander Blackstone), Banff Mountain Film Festival Theme
• AWOLNation, Megalithic Symphony, "Sail"
• Claude Debussy, "Clair de Lune"
I am now more impressed with the Harman-Kardon system. I look forward to hearing more of my diverse collection over the coming years.

Reactions: FX_Hedge

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For a modern run at the 80's "sound" try out Black Marble! (Dark Wave)

·
Registered
231 Posts
XM stinks so much....
1. lineup is terrible
2. stream quality just below any standards

I prefer USB stick or streaming over USB/phone or worst case Bluetooth (still better than XM)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,473 Posts
Satellite radio quality seems suitable for news/talk. I don't bother with streaming for music.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Agreed
With current 4G/LTE coverage listen to XM is a crime, any streaming service is better, even 64k AAC radio streams.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SiriusXM is marginal at best...I agree.

I am not sure if SiriusXM could ever be of high quality under their current method of service.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts