Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
And then there are these 5Y wheels. I purchased them from my dealer about 6 months ago. They came off a new 2019 when the buyer purchased new aftermarket wheels and tires on day one and left these at the Dealership for later pick-up. I saw them and the Service Mgr helped me cut a deal. Left the new RFTs at the store (Service Mgr helped me sell them) and then mounted a set of Michelin PS A/S3+ non-rft. MUCH better ride and handling. Just mounted a set of Vredestein Wintrac Pro W rated snows on the original Lusso wheels. Does anyone know what these black wheels are called? Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Rim Spoke

And then there are these 5Y wheels. I purchased them from my dealer about 6 months ago. They came off a new 2019 when the buyer purchased new aftermarket wheels and tires on day one and left these at the Dealership for later pick-up. I saw them and the Service Mgr helped me cut a deal. Left the new RFTs at the store (Service Mgr helped me sell them) and then mounted a set of Michelin PS A/S3+ non-rft. MUCH better ride and handling. Just mounted a set of Vredestein Wintrac Pro W rated snows on the original Lusso wheels. Does anyone know what these black wheels are called? View attachment 104368
Those are Miron Y-spoke 18".

It's important to remember that the wheel size is part of the wheel style identification, which is to say that Y-spoke is not one wheel, but several, with a variety of sizes and finishes.

So both the wheel in the image in post # 1 and my wheel in post #21 above are called Miron?

Reactions: Alfissimo
Jason, wow, if that is the price for ONE wheel, then I I did really well...

Reactions: Alfissimo
Discussion starter · #28 ·
I see now that I read the full sheet.

Under the 22S package on the build sheet it lists what I expected - 19: x 8.0-inch Bright 5-hole Aluminum Wheels / 225/40R19 All-Season

At the very end of the build sheet it lists 19" x 8" Miron Y-Spoke Aluminum wheels. No cost associated. Nero Sport kit is listed but the Miron wheels are not in that section.

So the Miron replace the 5-Hole, which I think is not a good trade as I liked the 5-Hole look better. I guess technically they're an upgrade?

So both the wheel in the image in post # 1 and my wheel in post #21 above are called Miron?
No, Miron refers to the finish, the black color, but the style is Y-spoke, specifically Double Y-Spoke 18" for the wheel in post #21.

That does not necessarily read to cover wheel swaps, as I interpret it, and I would strongly suggest contacting one’s state AG if anyone actually sees this kind of behavior.

I mean, a “dealer installed option” might be window tint or a remote start, but it should not remove or replace manufacturer installed options. Wheels may seem like not a big deal, but is it really any different from the dealer “swapping out” Sport seats for Base seats? The wireless charging pad? The ACC functionality?

Again, it seems to me that the Monroney is rendered meaningless if that kind of stuff can happen, so while I don’t know if it’s illegal certainly, I would strongly suggest one contact their state AG office if they see that kind of behavior and check, because the opportunity for the consumer to be tricked, taken advantage of, and ripped off is obvious.
Dealer installed options that I have seen have included different wheel/tire combinations, and have been documented in the supplemental price sheet attached by the dealer. These most often contain various packing such as pinstripes, paint protections, window tint, etc...but can also include things such as exterior/interior appearance or performance items. Most commonly seen in Honda dealerships, and used to be common in Scion shops too.

As long as a supplemental window sticker states the option/change/item, it’s pretty much legal. Remember ADM and ADP?

Ok, so the image in #1 is a 19" Miron y-Spoke. My wheel in #21 is (granted) 18", but the lower stem of the Y is does not have the subtle add-on thickness on one side, and the stem and the upper part of the Y is thicker. IMO, this is NOT just an 18" version of the same 19" wheel. There is too much difference. If ALFA does call this a Y-Spoke then they have little imagination with their wheel names. IMO, it would be a reasonable assumption that the only difference (should be) between an 18" and 19" Miron Y-Spoke is 1".

From the Sport Configurator for 2020 Giulias a moment ago:

only 3 choices... no such option on recent 2020 Sports.

Window sticker brainphart in Original equipment listing.

@mtb.ck , thanks. That explains it. Looking at them side-by-side, very similar, but subtly different.

JohnnyB, did you trade up your 2017 for this new Visconte Verde 2020? Sweeeeet, if so, Pics pls. love that color, especially with tan.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
I am keeping the 17, she may have an undiagnosable terminal illness, but I still love her..

I am getting a 2020 though, trying to decide between Green and Red loaded right now now. Reds local, Green is across the country. Red has 5-hole, Green apparantly doesn't (now that I can read a build sheet). Decisions...

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.