Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had no issues test driving new 911s with substantially higher MSRPs then QVs...... so I have to ask.......

Is it the fact that there are only a limited number of QVs available and no one knows how many and when more will arrive?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have had no issues test driving new 911s with substantially higher MSRPs then QVs...... so I have to ask.......

Is it the fact that there are only a limited number of QVs available and no one knows how many and when more will arrive?
Don't see why you shouldn't be able to test drive one OTHER than the fact they are limited at the moment unfortunately ... Typically dealers don't seem to have a QV demo, at least in my area :smile2:

·
Registered
166 Posts

To be fair, try getting a test drive in a GT3 or GT4. There are a lot more normal 991 (C2, C2S, C4S) being produced every week and coming through the ports every single week.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be fair, try getting a test drive in a GT3 or GT4. There are a lot more normal 991 (C2, C2S, C4S) being produced every week and coming through the ports every single week.
...........although there is no such thing as a GT3 or GT3 rs that is not presold.
Agreed!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was able to test drive the one I bought.

as for the above statement he is correct, although there is no such thing as a GT3 or GT3 rs that is not presold.
Off topic but how did you end up getting new/different tires? Any degradation in handling since switching from Corsas?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The weather still stinks up here. Beyond that, you probably have a better chance of getting a test drive if you bout down a deposit. That's the same as saying you are an active serious buyer, not researching like some of us. One of the reasons I thin I got at least a start up was that I brought my Ferrari. But now it's filthy and there's no way I could ask to test drive the Quad in those conditions. ;)

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I think it drives better, I haven't driven it at the race track so I can't comment on handling in any kind of meaningful way, but for daily driving the car feels much better.
that would stand to reason...anything in other than optimal weather/road conditions and the Corsas are either Hockey Pucks or surfboards...
here in the Tri-State area the weather has not been cooperating...at night it gets cold enough to make things interesting....
I am def. ditching the Corsas once Summer is over...no matter what the thread condition

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That's a good idea but I have had good luck being patient and waiting for them to warm up. It's hard to predict speed conditions. They will cool off in traffic pretty easily.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it drives better, I haven't driven it at the race track so I can't comment on handling in any kind of meaningful way, but for daily driving the car feels much better.
Would you care to expand on how the car feels much better with the new tires? And which tires did you switch to? Thanks....

·
Registered
526 Posts
At least for our dealer in lowly Birmingham, all their Q's are pre-sold and I specifically told them NO demo's in my car. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Test drive a standard Giulia, that'll give you a decent idea of the Q.

It's supposed to be here Tuesday!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At least for our dealer in lowly Birmingham, all their Q's are pre-sold and I specifically told them NO demo's in my car. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Test drive a standard Giulia, that'll give you a decent idea of the Q.

It's supposed to be here Tuesday!
Cool! Make sure you post pics!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sat in a QV today at the dealer....WOW
Black/Black
Asking $5K over MSRP

Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Did that one come from Millbury? I sat in that one and got a startup video. I was told a buyer was coming from California back in mid March. There was a blue one at the Ferrari event in Norwood Thursday. It was registered and sold from Miller in CT. Didn't get to meet the owner. It was pouring all night!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Did that one come from Millbury? I sat in that one and got a startup video. I was told a buyer was coming from California back in mid March. There was a blue one at the Ferrari event in Norwood Thursday. It was registered and sold from Miller in CT. Didn't get to meet the owner. It was pouring all night!
The one I sat in didn't come from Millbury, the one at Wayland might have. The blue one you showed a pic of looked great, FoNE is just so far away for me though. I've been wanting to go look at a GTC4Lusso there though. I will be going to the NY Auto Show and Miller will be on the way I think, I might check it out

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I visited the Millbury dealership. Sales manager and salesperson went out of their way to show me the car, short of course of a test drive. Although it doesn't seem they get much traffic thru their showroom, the sales manager was convinced that it will sell at $5k over MSRP.

My daughter Julia seemed to love the QV at first sight!:grin2:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I visited the Millbury dealership. Sales manager and salesperson went out of their way to show me the car, short of course of a test drive. Although it doesn't seem they get much traffic thru their showroom, the sales manager was convinced that it will sell at $5k over MSRP.

My daughter Julia seemed to love the QV at first sight!:grin2:

It's been sitting for 3 1/2 months. You should be able to buy it for under-MSRP. Nobody is clamoring to visit Millbury. BTW...that car is a first batch car and in need of of the software updates.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's been sitting for 3 1/2 months. You should be able to buy it for under-MSRP. Nobody is clamoring to visit Millbury. BTW...that car is a first batch car and in need of of the software updates.
Sales manager said that an out of state dealership offered him $20K over, but he didn't give it to them since they would lose the next allocation.....

Also said he was getting in a Montecarlo Blue fully loaded with Sparco seats and "carbon fiber brakes".......

I said "you mean ceramic brakes?", he says, "yes, that's it"......LOL

My 911 is on the Porsche site for sale, if it goes quick I may be ordering the QV soon..... but most likely not from them......

Reactions: FNM
1 - 20 of 47 Posts