Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
When I started my journey to revive this 2019 TI Sport, I didn't think it was going to be this painful. I recently started a project on a 2019 TI that was hit on the driver door. Side curtain and seat airbags deployed. I am almost done with body work and the car is getting ready for paint. So, I wanted to get on the electronics and start clearing codes and getting rid of "fuel cut off" message. I read up pretty much every post on the subject of MES and "fuel cut off" message.
I purchased a licensed copy of MES v4.7R1 and installed it on my PC running Windows 10, 64bit. I purchased a 327Elm v1.4 OBDII interface, an SGW bypass and two adaptors from a reputable Alfa business. All parts are legit and made in the UE instead of China. I was assured that all connectors and switches work properly with my car.
I charged the battery fully which was drained since the car sat since February. Battery was good, took full charge and held it. Replaced the pyro fuse on the battery block, reinstalled the battery and got power to the car.
When I turn on the ignition, the hazards come on as usual. I can manually turn them off. The turn signals however, don't function from the turn signal control arm. One of the messages on the dash says "turn signal light out" but when the hazards are on, all turn lights on all four corners are OK. I don't see any light bulb being out.
I then installed the SGW bypass successfully. It wasn't very challenging to locate the safety module and install the bypass switch.
Then, I connected the OBDII interface and the computer, nothing. Car wouldn't connect to the computer. I realized that interface needs a USB-Serial Port driver to be installed to function properly. Visited FTDIChip.com and downloaded drivers for D2xxx, version 2.12.28, Windows 64bit.
I was then able to see the car on MES. I tried both blue and gray adaptors and also connected without adaptors but was only able to connect to ABS and Electronic Steering Services, no luck with Engine and Body Services. When I tried to connect to Engine Service, I kept on getting an error message regarding my connection speed.
As I was instructed on many online posts, I set my interface type to ELM 327 v1.3+ (High Speed). When I search for available interfaces however, using MES' search button, it comes back with search results showing my interface as basic Elm 327 v1.3+, not the high speed version.
I then gave up on messing with the MES and tried the turn signal sequence to clear the fuel cut off message. No luck there either. I tried probably no times, nothing.
My questions at this point are:
Do I have to clear all error codes first or execute proxi alignment for turn signal sequence (from the owner's manual) to work?
Are there special settings to be applied to windows driver for 327 ELM OBDII interface and COM setting on the PC side?
Has anyone actually successfully cleared the fuel cut off code without a visit to dealership?
If I can get this done in house, promise to make a video of it that shows all the roadblocks unlike most YouTube videos where everything gets fixed in 10 minutes and no hiccups.

Here is what I am using as hardware:
USB (wired) 327 ELM v1.4 OBDII Interface

SGW bypass

Gray and Blue adaptors made in Germany.
MultiECUScan version 4.7R1 licensed.

Thanks to all who take the time to provide guidance. I appreciate it.

Erdem

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you go on youtube and search “how to install paddle shifters on alfa romeo guilia” then click on video by michael perry( 1st one), he has a similar problem with connection speed and explains what worked for him. i thought it might help

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you go on youtube and search “how to install paddle shifters on alfa romeo guilia” then click on video by michael perry( 1st one), he has a similar problem with connection speed and explains what worked for him. i thought it might help
Watched the video, thank you.
Erdem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts