Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the forum today, recently leased a new Giulia (base) model with some optional equipment. I have owned so many cars, mostly European sport sedan models, over the past 43 years. Nothing recently has put a big smile on my face as much as driving and owning this new 2017 Giulia! I have owned 4 previous Alfa Romeos, two Spider's, an Alfa 75 (Milano V6) and the last car sold in America, the 1995 Alfa 164L. Basically I've waited 22 years for Alfa Romeo to return to the USA market with a decent product and they certainly have not disappointed me. I will be around here reading various threads about various subject matter. I have some interesting info about upgrades to the car, such as tweaks etc. that are not very expensive, but look great. I will be looking for others with similar ideas.
Regards,
MrRomeo

·
Registered
460 Posts
Great! I'm an old Alfa owner as well, having had nine before this Giulia. I intended to wait a few years before jumping into a Giorgio platform car, waiting for either a: coupe, cabriolet, or a "Veloce" (IOW, mid-300HP range car). I wasn't that keen on a sedan. At least I intended to wait a couple years for all the bugs to be worked out, or the first facelift car. But I just kept reading about how much people love this car, and what a great driver's car it is, that I had to check it out in person, and once I did I couldn't wait any longer. Love it. Still have my Milano and a long-in-gestation restored GTV6 on the way, but what I've found is that I care less about them now. My old Alfa(s), whichever was in the garage at a given time, had always been my favorite car in my possession, but now it's the new (contemporary) Alfa. I couldn't be happier or more impressed with the car they delivered. Beyond my wildest expectations. I was hoping for something half as good-looking as the 159 and as good a driver as the 156 (reportedly; no first hand experience on my part); what we got is better than both together. Fiat/FCA finally did right by Alfa.

Reactions: tadslc

·
Registered
138 Posts
Safe diving, I only owned two other "foregin" cars the first was a 1980 VW sirocco and a 1990 Nissan 300zx the Nissan was twin turbo and after driving the Gulia since April this car brings me back to what driving is all about, 100+ comes quick in the alfa

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your enthusiasm for the Giulia comes across and is good to hear. Look forward to seeing your tweaks and upgrades.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Enjoy the car. Congrats.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome!

I'm an old Alfa owner too. I just bought my first Alfa (Giulia Q4) two months ago. Also I'm old (senior citizen). ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts