Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got to put the wife's Giulia through the paces yesterday and man was it fun! One of our motorcycle brothers got married yesterday and rather than take the highway route me and another buddy with a tuned Audi S3 decided we'd take the back roads up from Houston to College Station. Mostly long sweepers with some tight stuff sprinkled in. The Alfa responded beautifully, exactly the kind of driving this car was meant for! I asked the wife if she wanted to go home the same way? She said Hwy please. LOL

Pic once we reached our destination.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock for stock it's very comparable. 292 HP and a little less torque just don't remember the number according to the car rags the S3 will do a 4.4 0-60. This particular S3 has an APR chip, downpipe, and a cat back. It also has suspension work done. He's at around 400 HP! We didn't line up and do any pulls just following each other. Through the twisties he couldn't shake me!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ah, good to know! Yeah APR are pretty awesome for Porsche/VW/Audi - I think they just got bought out by Dinan! Hopefully they'll come out with something for Alfa Romeo!
Woah, didn't know they got bought out! My previous car was a Stage II+ APR Tuned Golf R. Absolute beast of a daily driver.

In the Alfa world, I'm most excited about Eurocompulsion and Pogea Racing so far. Another month or two and we should see what they have to offer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, I wasn't aware they were bought out either, pretty surprising. I've been in the VW/Audi game forever and we used to go out to there shop in Al. to attend their annual BBQ's. We also hosted them here in houston on a few occasions for events. Great quality products!

·
Registered
375 Posts
hmm, I wasn't aware they were bought out either, pretty surprising. I've been in the VW/Audi game forever and we used to go out to there shop in Al. to attend their annual BBQ's. We also hosted them here in houston on a few occasions for events. Great quality products!
Yep, here's the link - looks like it's "Driven Performance Brands that is the parent company that bought out Dinan, and APR...

http://www.goapr.com/news/2017/08/02/apr-joins-driven-performance-brands/#more-5337

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.