Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ciao everyone. Been following this sight at a distance, first time posting. I've come to very much appreciate the community and passion here. Thanks for sharing.
I was hesitant to pull the trigger on Alfa Romeo. But after much contemplation, a little
nudging from my very Italian 80 year old Dad (Aldo), and the confidence drawn from this forum, I decided to pounce on this nicely-speced 2018 Giulia: Lipari Gray/Tan, Ti, 2Q & Sport Performance Package... and wow. I forgot all about my beloved MBZ C300 and even been neglecting my bikes on weekend. Crazy cool. Forza Italia!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Welcome and nice colour combo. Rare!

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport AWD Verde Visconti
81 Posts
Congrats, welcome and nice combo!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. The car gets looks everywhere, as do most all Guilias. I took a chance on the Lipari as very few in Cali when I was looking; My dealer only had 3 and i didn't care for the specs. I found this one in Texas and only had pics to go on. It didn't disappoint when rolled off the delivery truck. Its been a celebrity at my house (& neighborhood) ever since.
My Dad absolutely loves it and says its a truly amazing drive. I agree. Alfa got this right in a big way plus fits me perfectly. Dad's a total gearhead and loves anything Italian; been an "Alfista" his whole life; he's owned a couple of Guilas in Europe, and between Ford Fairlains & LTD wagons, he rebuilt a old rusted-out 1972 Alfetta and a similar era GTV (4) for my kid brother during our teenage years back in New York. Both times on the sidewalk of our modest Brooklyn neighborhood - no garage and only hand tools. Sadly, both were stolen. This one will likely fair better.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks guys. The car gets looks everywhere, as do most all Guilias. I took a chance on the Lipari as very few in Cali when I was looking; My dealer only had 3 and i didn't care for the specs. I found this one in Texas and only had pics to go on. It didn't disappoint when rolled off the delivery truck. Its been a celebrity at my house (& neighborhood) ever since.
My Dad absolutely loves it and says its a truly amazing drive. I agree. Alfa got this right in a big way plus fits me perfectly. Dad's a total gearhead and loves anything Italian; been an "Alfista" his whole life; he's owned a couple of Guilas in Europe, and between Ford Fairlains & LTD wagons, he rebuilt a old rusted-out 1972 Alfetta and a similar era GTV (4) for my kid brother during our teenage years back in New York. Both times on the sidewalk of our modest Brooklyn neighborhood - no garage and only hand tools. Sadly, both were stolen. This one will likely fair better.
Welcome to the community Fabo, great choice of color combo and spec.
Where on the West Coast are you?

Enjoy your Giulia.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport, Rosso Alfa
3 Posts
Welcome Fabo,

Grigio Lipari is my favorite color, shame they discontinued it. You have a great spec…you will enjoy her!

-Dante

·
Registered
123 Posts
Fabo, welcome. Getting my Giulia ti Lusso had me leaving my 2018 Abarth Spider in the garage so much I finally sold it. My last Alfa was a 1750 Spider back in the 1970's. Enjoy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
this is a stunning combo! I am with you that this forum instilled a lot of confidence in the purchase. They are fantastic machines and welcome to the forum. I agree this car turns heads!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
What better way to commemorate Italy winning the Euros, than to by an Alfa the same summer :love:

Congrats on your new car, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again all. Looking forward to staying connected. BTW, Erdem I'm in the SoBay of Northern Cal. Los Gatos by way of San Francisco. Give me a shout if you're nearby. -f.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks again all. Looking forward to staying connected. BTW, Erdem I'm in the SoBay of Northern Cal. Los Gatos by way of San Francisco. Give me a shout if you're nearby. -f.
Awesome Fabo, I used to live in San Jose, many moons ago. We still have friends in Morgan Hill we sometimes visit. I will reach out for a mini Alfisti meet next time I visit the Bay Area. Take care and enjoy your Giulia.
Erdem

1 - 14 of 14 Posts