Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you may know, I placed an order for a 2018 QV that I've been patiently waiting for. I sent my dealer a text to see if he had any kind of shipping update, which he didn't. Then he said that they needed to sell one more Alfa to "hit their quota" for the month, so how about I just buy one of the two 2017s they have on the lot. One of them is identical to mine except for the model year and the calipers are yellow (the one I ordered has red ones). Well I initially laughed it off, but after some back and forth, we settled on $3,500 off of MSRP and they'd paint the calipers red. Again, I wasn't really seriously considering it, but after more thought, I decided Android Auto wasn't worth $3,800 to me (the difference between this offer and the one I ordered, which I would have paid MSRP for). Plus I get the car now instead of in 2ish months. Soooo... I have a 2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio sitting in my garage! Vulcano Black, red stitching on the interior, CF wheel, dark 5-holes, soon-to-be-red calipers, HK stereo, driver's safety dynamic whatever package. The drive home was a blast, I can't wait to get to know her better. No pics yet, it was dark when I got home, but I couldn't be more excited. I need to get my kids to sleep now that I can go on a drive :grin2:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
Still out on that drive? The kids might be wanting breakfast. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
So as some of you may know, I placed an order for a 2018 QV that I've been patiently waiting for. I sent my dealer a text to see if he had any kind of shipping update, which he didn't. Then he said that they needed to sell one more Alfa to "hit their quota" for the month, so how about I just buy one of the two 2017s they have on the lot. One of them is identical to mine except for the model year and the calipers are yellow (the one I ordered has red ones). Well I initially laughed it off, but after some back and forth, we settled on $3,500 off of MSRP and they'd paint the calipers red. Again, I wasn't really seriously considering it, but after more thought, I decided Android Auto wasn't worth $3,800 to me (the difference between this offer and the one I ordered, which I would have paid MSRP for). Plus I get the car now instead of in 2ish months. Soooo... I have a 2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio sitting in my garage! Vulcano Black, red stitching on the interior, CF wheel, dark 5-holes, soon-to-be-red calipers, HK stereo, driver's safety dynamic whatever package. The drive home was a blast, I can't wait to get to know her better. No pics yet, it was dark when I got home, but I couldn't be more excited. I need to get my kids to sleep now that I can go on a drive :grin2:
welcome to the nut-house:grin2:....your gonna have some serious fun!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Congratulations! You will love it. I?m really glad I picked up an in-stock one too and cancelled my order.

Also just received an email from Miller Motor Cars in Greenwich CT (where I bought my Q). They have a lightly used Quad for sale for $76,900. Under 3,000 miles and Sparco CF seats. RC Tri-coat, yellow calipers. Wonder who sold it?

https://www.millermotorcars.com/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-c-1245.htm

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Someone probably got tired of the Sparco seats.....

OP, Congrats on the QV, to the money saved and to the end of the wait!

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Congratulations! You will love it. I?m really glad I picked up an in-stock one too and cancelled my order.

Also just received an email from Miller Motor Cars in Greenwich CT (where I bought my Q). They have a lightly used Quad for sale for $76,900. Under 3,000 miles and Sparco CF seats. RC Tri-coat, yellow calipers. Wonder who sold it?

https://www.millermotorcars.com/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-c-1245.htm
They have(had) another Quad for sale as well, I was told by the Rep there that the prior owners are Miller customers with Ferrari's among other things and wanted something for the summer that was different and fun....go figure:surprise: the other car has under 1000 miles on it....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the congratulations everyone. News flash: this car is incredible! I went on a long drive last night and had a blast, but today has been rainy so I had to behave myself. Still a pleasure to drive though. I was worried about the stock tires in the rain, but they were fine. I've never driven a car this fast before, this thing is a beast. A refined Italian beast. Anyway, here are some photos...

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks good, red calipers as you have planned and some tinted windows would really set it off.

Crazy the colour, that 'black' is looking dark blue with a hint of deep purple to me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts